All reviews eggs benedict caravan tour meat pie different buildings all you can eat included breakfast fresh fruit small town room was spacious nova scotia most places would stay again french toast cape breton whale watching another couple stayed here for two nights
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is not brand new, but it has character and superb staff. Our room was clean as a whistle. Not modern but certainly adequate. It was pouring rain the whole evening, so we weren't in a mood to wander about town. For the reasonable price of $21 each, my husband and I got lovely meals, with lots of gluten-free options for him. They were very careful about keeping his food safe. We were not part of a coach tour like most of the other patrons, but we were offered the same meal choices. We loved the fresh salad, pan fried fish, and other options. Breakfast the next morning was equally fresh, tasty and gluten-friendly. A room a little further back from the road might have been quieter, but we both slept well.

That evening a local performer sang and gave historical information and stories. We really enjoyed the evening. The bar prices were very reasonable.

We were happy to chat with travellers from Ontario and NB. Lovely people.

Friendly atmosphere, good service, great prices and overall, a very pleasant stay. Great for a one or 2 night stopover.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was another great place to stay along the Cabot Trail. Warm friendly staff who brought our luggage to our room and made sure we were comfortable. Our accommodations were great! Clean, neat, spacious and quiet. A great place to be after a long days travel. Don’t hesitate to stay there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Great location for seeing attractions. Enjoyed our stay, with comfortable room and very nice included breakfast and dinner. Room was comfortable and quiet. The wake up call did not work on the first day, but the front desk staff fixed the problem for the second day. They were helpful in answering questions. I saw no particular need for maintenance issues as reported by some others. the tour included an enjoyable musical performance on the floor about the restaurant.

Room Tip: balcony in second floor rooms with seating may be attractive to some
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We stayed here 2 nights as part of a Caravan Tours overnight place on Cape Breton Island. As other reviewers have stated the rooms off the outdoor walkway near the office were not the most modern. We stayed in one of them (#304) and we agree. While we found them “adequate”: ours was not dirty as another reviewer stated, but the bed was soft, the bathroom towels were extremely thin (as a large- not huge person –I was unable to dry my whole body after a shower), Also when in the bathroom room I felt like the floor had some “stuff” on it – no clue what it was… that made my feet feel weird. In terms of Wi-Fi access – I took our laptop outside the room and sat on a chair there – and got Wi-Fi most of the time; I could not get it inside the room. All that said they need to modernize those rooms. However, the staff in the office and in the restaurant was super!! The office staff answered all the questions we had and supplied us with missing items and the restaurant staff was efficient and very pleasant. Also we had 2 breakfasts and I dinner in the Motor Inn’s facility. All were well prepared, tasty and enjoyable. It is also located in a great location for central Cheticamp. So except for a few room issues, this was a good place and we would probably stay here again if in the area

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We stayed at Lauries’s Motor Inn as part of a recent Caravan tour. We stayed on the first floor in the main building where the office is near the laundry room. (I think 302).
Not only was the room really outdated but dirty as well. The old vinyl floor in the bathroom was so sticky that our shoes stuck to the floor! A call
was made to clean the floor but still very sticky after cleaning.
The bath towels were so small and so thin and worn that you could see through them!
The staff that I dealt with was very pleasant.
I viewed the the other reviews which appeared to have better accommodations than us but this was our experience.
The restaurant was very nice with a very good selection of food on the buffet.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends