US$166
Bay Wind Suites(Cheticamp)
US$183
US$70
Margaree Riverview Inn(Margaree Forks)
US$78
US$104
Telegraph House Hotel(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
US$127
All reviewslocation is idealthe ownerstayed herecabot trailstay there againdeckcottage
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was not planned. We actually had something else booked on the other side of the Cabot Trail. After we found out that our booked room was nowhere near Pleasant Bay, we stopped at Cheticamp Motel to see it there was any space. The owner, Ethel Merry, called other establishments closer to Pleasant Bay to check availability for us. We decided, to stay there, rented a 3 bedroom house with the Cheticamp Motel. It was very affordable, and very clean. It would be ideal if you were staying there for a few days! Thank you Ethel for your help!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night. The location is ideal and close to the downtown section. We enjoyed the outside view of the harbour. Looking forward to returning
The office was very helpful in connecting us to their free wifi

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the little cottage up the back. It was equipped with everything you need and very clean. It is definitely dated but very clean so concidering the price it is well worth it. The bathroom had a nice new tub and shower and the front deck was nice to sit out on in the evening. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I've recently travelled with my husband in mid-October for a week to Lunenburg , over Louisbourg and Sydney, and we've spent our last trip to discover the colourful Cabot trial by staying at Cheticamp Motel for two nights. Our overal experience is beyond our expectations, the room is so spacious and clean with more than our needs' utilities. In particular, we were so impressed by how friendly and helpful the owner Echo Merry and her husband who have given to us.

Before my trip, I've made some self-discovery to figure out the best suitable route for trip. When I called Echo for her suggestions, she immediately gave me very useful advices. She had advised to go counterclockwise throughout the Cabot Trail first when we finished our visit at Louisbourg. Then the following day we could go clockwise instead. That was an awesome idea that saved our time and made our entire discovery perfect,

Echo is a charming francophone, I'm so glad to have the chance to practice my French during our stay. From my observation, she is so professional that she cares about her each individual guest's opinion and are always willing to give a hand to her guests. As a hotelier who had worked in Shanghai China with multiple international chain hotels, I would sincerely recommend Cheticamp Motel to all guests who have the intention to discover the landscapes of Cape Breton.

Room Tip: Call owner Echo before your trip as she is an expert in telling you the pearl of Cape Breton
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Estella Z
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The room was very clean and comfortable. The owners were very accommodating. We were on a photography tour with 11 other people who also stayed at the motel. We would highly recommend this place for it's hospitality and convenient location to the Cabot Trail. Had a great time thanks to Ethel and Frank.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple