Book now, pay at stay
Official Site
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesbeautiful viewbras d'or lakebedroom cottagenice cottagelight housekeepingsmall kitchencape bretontwo twin bedscabot trailmin drivegreat central locationfire pitcoffee pothome away from hometwo nightsgreat place to stay
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stayed here with a good friend of mine last year and we loved the place!
The cottages are a good size, very clean, very well equipped and have a beautiful view. I suggest these cottages for anyone! There's lots of room to play, relax and unwind.
Be sure to go for a walk or a drive.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017

This was my husbands second trip to these cottages to go snowmobiling. This year the whole family went, unfortunately I had to take my work with me and when we arrived before check in the owner was so gracious that she let me set up in her office to do my work call! This was above and beyond anything I would ever expect! The cottage was so clean and cozy too. We will be back!

Room Tip: excellent view, quaint,
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2017

What a place, we loved it! we stayed while on our way from Halifax to cape Breton and back. Sun Rise and Sun set were so beautiful. Your own kitchen, driveway, dishes and the mirror in the front facing sun rise. It was a mesmerizing moment for all of us. Must stay place if got a chance.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the farthest are quieter, Cottage 6/8 are the best with beautiful sunrise view"
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016

This was our first trip to Nova Scotia, and we had no idea where to stay after driving the Cabot Trail. McIntyre's was great! The views of Lake Bras D'Or are wonderful. The cottage was clean and the fireplace was an added bonus, especially in late October!If we ver get back to Cape Breton, this is where we will stay. Great central location.

Room Tip: We had unit 4. It was great, but would probably try unit 6 next time because it is on the end, and would be easier with the dog.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I would highly reccommend staying at the McIntyre Cottages if you plan on spending time anywhere in that area. Our purpose was to hike a few trails (amazing in itself), but whatever your purpose the location and view alone make these accommodations worthwhile. You cannot see them from the road, as they are set up on a hill, giving them a perfect view of the lakes. The cottages are a perfect combination of up-to-date decor and coziness. Obviously, the owner went to great length to make this happen. They come with a fully equipped kitchen, central air conditioner, electric fireplace beautiful deck and ample space for moving around. The property itself is perfectly groomed and the owner could not be more welcoming. I mentioned to her when booking that we liked to play crib and we had intended to pick up a scrabble game on the way up (but forgot). Both were in our cottage, as well as books and other games. The cottages are spotless clean and by the time we returned from hiking the beds were already changed, cleaning done and new towels. And, the prices are more than reasonable (in fact a touch higher would not be unfair). So, it truly is a perfect combination of everything you could hope for in cottage accomodation in Cape Breton.

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar - modern, tastefully decorated and cozy
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple