All reviews the pub the main lodge beautiful resort lakeside restaurant cabot trail indoor pool cape breton live music paddle boats several buildings dining room nova scotia bit dated stayed two nights bras d'or lake view of the lake wedding
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

As others have said, the rooms do need an update but our room was clean, the most comfortable bed and pillows and everything we needed (although I couldn’t get the coffee machine to work) including a véranda overlooking the most beautiful view. The grounds were well maintained and everyone was friendly and helpful. We ate at the Lakeside Restaurant both nights as we LOVED the seafood chowder and the singer (Tracy?) was good and easy listening. We felt very comfortable and relaxed at the resort and liked Baddeck. We would definitely stay at the resort again (we plan to come back and spend more time exploring as we are currently on a whistle stop tour of Canada!) as even given it’s shortcomings we really enjoyed our two nights here

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

A rather dilapidated resort in beautiful surroundings on a lake. Lovely breakfast room overlooking very attractive cove. Food basic and almost cold. Service ok.
Dinner was disappointing and also only warm.
Rooms ok but basic. Wi-Fi and TV were very good

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jmkn_12
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I have mixed reaction to my visit. This place is known for being a 5 star resort since my teens, but has clearly been coasting a bit over the past few years, based on its past reputation. I also acknowledge that the recent fire has created some understandable set backs having removed the reception lodge and related phone system.
It is still a delightful place to spend time, but the attention to detail between a 4 star and 5 star includes things like repair the straps on the lounge chairs, replace roofing before they curl, and replace rotten timbers rather than just paint over them. Clean the mildew out of the showers, and calk the tubs.
The internet speed was close to useless (2Mb/s) but perhaps related to the fire problem. Directions to the reception lodge were a little confusing, since I missed the big neon sign on the opposite side of the highway, I saw the sign telling us where reception was, but I assumed it was one of the may buildings before I eventually asked someone, who directed us across the street to the other hotel. Signage on the same side of road as the resort would help
Since the place is a great wedding venue, be aware that many of the guests will be enjoying themselves out side of their rooms, which can make it challenging to sleep if that's your intention. The conference building looks like a great space, and I would consider holding one of our conferences there.

Room tip: Lodge rooms are cheaper, but will be more noisey, than some of the other buldings.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The Inverary, Carolyn especially, took amazing care of us from the planning phase, to all of my questions being answered and all the little details being looked after on the day of. We and our guests were treated extremely well; it was a beautiful backdrop and it was amazing to be able to stay on site, get pictures done on site and have our ceremony and reception all in the same place.
All of the staff work extremely hard and went out of their way to help us throughout the whole day. I would definitely highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a place to get married!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This resort is perfect for the beginning or end of your journey of trekking the Cabot Trail. The rooms are clean and neat; the restaurant has great food and character. Kayaking on site and nightly bonfires for kids were a hit, too.

Date of stay: August 2018