All reviewsstayed herecabot trailfirewoodcampgroundgravelcamperslaundrywifi
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Rented a cottage (cottage #3) as we were doing Cabot trail for 2 days and it wasn't far. Cute little cottage, fully furnished with linen. Perfect size for 2 people or a family of 4. Bring quarters if you want to do laundry. Very efficient in replacing propane tank and bringing fire wood (5$ a bundle). A lighter should be provided in the cottage as we had to go buy one to start a fire. We got our complimentary wood stolen and unfortunately not offered to get it replaced. So make sure you use it or bring it in for the following day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Shelley G, Office at Adventures East Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I apologize for not responding earlier but I am just seeing your review today.

I'm sorry to find out that your wood was stolen and it most certainly should have been replaced. There is supposed to be a bbq lighter in each cottage and that should also have been provided for you free of charge. If you ever do stay with us again, please identify yourself and give us a chance to make it up to you.

Despite out missteps, it was very kind of you to give us such a good rating and we sincerely appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was our first time at this campground and was pleasantly surprised and impressed. From the tree covered driveway with all the provincial and territorial flags to the warm welcome upon arrival at the office/gate. We had two sites next to the pool and washroom area and they were just what I look for in a campsite, plenty of trees and privacy but you still know you are in a campground. The new owners and their staff are super friendly and more than helpful, it is obvious they care whether you enjoy your stay and their hard work is going to pay off as they make many improvements and upgrades. Really would have liked to stay longer, definitely will be back next year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Shelley G, Office at Adventures East Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thanks so much!! See you next year!!!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Arrived early afternoon and was met by the owner. We were able to pick the sites we wanted and he cut down some limbs so they weren't rubbing on the coach. This campground is under new ownership and they go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need. Lots of improvements going on and new sites being added. Good Verizon cell service. Lots of things to do....pool and lawn games. Definitely stay here...we will if we're in the area again. Price was right (passport america). We stayed in a motorhome. Thanks Shane!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Shelley G, Office at Adventures East Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I stopped here on my way to the Newfoundland ferry. I asked for an RV site that was fairly close to the washrooms as I don't want to walk a long ways to find a bathroom. It was close to night and there were no park lights to help me find the bathroom so I couldn't use it. The next morning when I set out to find the bathroom it was quite a walk up a hill. The bathrooms were part of the swimming pool building and every door was locked! There was no one around to unlock a door for me so I had to go down the road to a Tim Hortons to use the bathroom. I paid more for this campground than any other on my three week trip and received less value. It was fairly early in June so perhaps they weren't really completely open for the season.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Shelley G, Office at Adventures East Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

I'm sorry you had that experience when you stayed with us.

I have looked back to see what site you were in during your stay. It is a site that is requested frequently by our guests who had the same requirements as you needed. I'm very sorry that you found the walk to the washrooms difficult. Had we been aware that was a difficulty for you, we would have made sure that you were placed closer to the washrooms. We have since then placed port-a-potties near the office which might have made things easier for you.

I'm left a little confused as to you finding "every door was locked". There are only two doors to the washroom building and at that time, one door could not be accessible to anyone as it is behind the pool fence. I have asked the owner to double check that there was any reason it might have been locked. He said there was no reason. When the park opens for the season, the main door is unlocked and does not get locked again until the property closes for the season. It is a heavy door so perhaps it may have felt locked.

Again, our apologies for your difficulties and thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This is our first trip back to this campground in about 2 years. A new owner has bought it in the last few months and is determined to make it one of the best camping spots in the area.
Washrooms have been renovated, the pool has a new liner and the whole area around it is looking new.
WiFi was fairly stable where we were parked . Leveling the sites seems to be a priority. If you have any problems at all, Shane seems to be just around the corner ready to help you out.
Looking forward to coming back next year just to see how far he's gotten.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple