“Tiny place with tasty food”
Review of Cafe Bleu Marie

Cafe Bleu Marie
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Grand Manan
Description: In warm place for delicious coking smells, dicover the good and beautiful kitchen of Marie and her team.
Reviewed 30 August 2017

There are quite a few restaurants on Grand Manan and they are different in style of food preparation, sizes, service...

Here we would get real crepes... french style... Nice owner of this place.

They also carry sandwiches...

It's a bit slow on food preparation and there is not a lot of space... but what the heck? are you in a hurry here, on an Island? maybe.... Then come here earlier...

Also, they take only cash.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I cannot honestly review the food, service or menu. But I want to make a note, that any literature we had said it was open for breakfast and lunch - we came by for breakfast at 8 am - not open and no hours posted that we could find. I see now, here on tripadvisor the hours are 9-3. The closed sign was up every time we went past. The only time we saw signs of anyone there was some people sitting outside the café at noon hour one day. We kept wanting to stop by this place for a coffee and treat, but it was never open. I must admit this seemed to be the nature of many places on Grand Manan - The Seawind glass bead store, also, same thing ! I'm surprised Grand Manan is adverstised as a Tourist area, to be honest....I'm not sure the people who live there want this and I totally respect that - but the advertisements and tourist info made it sound so inviting.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Le décor est magnifique. Les crêpes et gelato excellent.

Loved the charm of the building (an old grocery and then candy store). Crêpes are made to order. Sandwiches and poke bowl available too. We had no issue with wait. But really why be in a rush while on vacation and on "island time" .... wish I could eat here everyday! Maybe we should move.

Save room for gelato!! Excellent coffee too.

Highly recommend. We enjoy meeting different folks and love supporting smaller businesses. Definitely unique and unexpected to find on GM (saying that in a good way!)

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Stopped by on a recommendation from the B&B where we were staying. We discovered on entering that they don't take credit cards. We had no Canadian currency. My husband then went to the only ATM nearby to get Canadian dollars, only to discover that our credit cards didn't work with that ATM. Marie then graciously offered to let us eat and come back later to pay after we visited a larger bank in Grand Harbour, even to send a check when we got home if that bank didn't work. We were flabbergasted -- THAT would never happen on the mainland.

I had the goat cheese and carmelized onion crepe, crepe made with buckwheat -- delicious! My husband had a classic crepe with ham, egg and cheese -- very satisfying. When we did return with Canadian currency and tried to pay extra given the extraordinary service, Marie insisted that we take a brownie and some cookies -- also very tasty. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch . I believe it was ciabatta panini. Regardless, very tasty. Warm out of the press.
See Pics.
Really enjoyed the Chocolate gelato too. She had a dozen plus flavors .
Great hospitality.