“Great Bakery”
Review of North Head Bakery

North Head Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Grand Manan
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Wonderful bread, pastries, quiche, and cookies. All freshly made. Very friendly service. Also offer homemade baked beans that are the best.

1  Thank jsc19792018

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The best bread and pastries around. Everything is prepared by the traditional methods and only uses top quality ingredients.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

It’s taken me over a decade to write this review. I visited Grand Manan island in 2003. As a matter of fact, my family almost never made it, as our plane left Toronto, the lights flickered, and the entire city went dark. Well after a frightening landing in New Brunswick,a foggy night time drive in a rental down the coast, and a long ferry in the morning, we had made it to Grand Manan. A peculiar little island at the mouth of the bay of fundy. Not your typical family vacation destination, however my family is far from typical. We stayed in seal cove, at a home with no TV, just board games and a couple of kayaks to explore with. The first morning we were there we drove up to North Head and found this lovely little bakery, my life hasn’t been the same since. We went to this bakery every morning for fresh bread and pastries, I can honestly say it was the culinary highlight of our trip, and little did I know; my life. I’ve since traveled all over Europe, from Paris to Budapest, Lyon to Crete, Berlin to Rome, and more. I’ve never eaten bread or baked goods as delicious as North Head Bakery’s. As I sit here writing this review from my flat in Pittsburgh, I can almost smell the ocean breeze walking from my car, complimenting the aroma of delicious bread as I walk through the door into this world class one of a kind bakery. I’ll be back to Grand Manan one day, if only for a loaf of bread.

P.S. We never knew that almost the entire east coast had blacked out for about a week until we returned to civilization. Grand Manan was an unsuspecting gem of a retreat, and will forever hold some real estate in my heart.

1  Thank patrickrob
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The sour dough bread (Saint John bread) is amazing. As are the savoury pastries. Also, this is a great place to get a coffee on the island.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

For fresh bread, muffins, donuts, cookies, macaroons, date squares and so much more this is the place to be. Grab a bite and a selection of coffee/tea and sit for a bit. Great service.