“Chuckwagon Restaurant in Beausejour, now called Moe's Diner. Absolutely horrible.”

Chuckwagon Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Beausejour
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We just went for supper after a day out and about exploring and thought it didn't look like much, but we're always out seeking those hidden gems. Spoiler: THIS IS NOT A GEM. We ordered two of their "Monday specials" (chicken breast burgers with fries for 10.95 each), 2 hotdogs for the kids ($4 each), two drinks and two slushies and it was SO SLOW. It was absolutely unbearably hot inside but it's a beautiful day so we decided to eat out instead (yay for a breeze!), 20 minutes went buy before any sign of our food, then probably another 10 and it started to come. The hotdogs were barely cooked and were in these tiny stale breads, definitely not worthy of their price, it looked like the kind you get at 7eleven or that type of place for 99 cents. Then our chicken burgers were eventually brought out WITHOUT the fries they came with (11$, hello!), tiny little pieces of Costco style seasoned breasts (you know, the frozen ones that you can almost see through they're so think and have a gazillion ingredients in them so they taste half decent). Hubby had a chunk of breast and I had two chunks maybe 3 inches long by an inch wide, clearly left overs from chicken they used for something else... They weren't horrible tasting, but still pathetic. By the time we finishes our burgers our fries weren't out so hubby went to ask about them, OH, they "forgot"! Seriously. Wait another 5 minutes, get fries, inhale them (they were good at least) and get the F out. Never again. Never. AGAIN. What a disappointment. After discussing with my husband of how unimpressed we were, he mentioned the waitress scribbled our order kinda wonky (wrote 2 chicken burgers after he asked for the chicken burger specials), so maybe she's to blame for not getting the fries, but she DID charge us for them, so should have known they were missing. Tonight was not worth the money or time spent there, not even close.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I didn't realize this place has recently changed management - now called Moe's Diner. I asked: "When someone says 'I'm going to Moe's to get...' - what are they getting? What is the must-have at Moe's?" He suggested pizza or burgers. I tried the Moe's Special pizza. It was decent. Six or seven toppings, but not particularly generous with them. Cheese, sauce and crust seemed very ordinary. It was not a bad pizza, but I wouldn't write home about it.
The place is easily overwhelmed with walk-in ice-cream business, so time your visit away from the maddening crowds of cottagers - coming and going.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

First time we went ordered a pizza. Wasn't to bad went there today ordered lasagna. Was gross terrible could tell it wasn't made from scratch and if it was then get a new cook. Not real Italian cuisine like they stated in advertisements. And way to expensive....wont go back there again...

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Pass this place every weekend, thought maybe with new management might be better. Thought wrong.
Friday around 4 pm I walked into an empty restaurant. Placed my order for a fat boy burger, chicken burger, onion rings and poutine. I waited 45 minutes while 4 people in the kitchen cracked loud inappropriate jokes and chatted up the waitress who thought it would be funny to stand at the counter dinging the service bell repeatedly. When I finally got my order and went to pay for it waitress realized she forgot to write down my poutine. Offered to make it but I told her I didn't have another half hour to wait.
I paid $36 for my order. Pretty excessive for 3 items.
Fat boy was mediocre, grilled chicken was OK, onion rings were thin and maybe 8 of them. Can't tell you if fries were home made or any good, guess I'll never know as I don't plan on ever stopping there again.
I have a strong feeling this place won't be around much longer than its recent predecessors. Hope you get better service if you decide to stop here.

1  Thank jbabiak
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We had excellent take out from a very busy restaurant.. Was worth the wait !! Menu has typical burgers & fries, as well as pizza, some italian food, & a few dinner meals

3  Thank Liz M