Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa
US$89
US$131
US$105
Hotels.com
Gibsons Garden Hotel(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$98
TripAdvisor
Sunshine Lodge Inn(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
US$111
The Stonewater Motel(Madeira Park)(Great Value!)
US$112
TripAdvisor
All reviewseagle suiteprivate hot tubget awaywonderful placeeach morningromantic getawaysunshine coastsunset roomespresso machineyear wedding anniversarywonderful breakfastbar fridgethis past weekendsteam showerfresh fruiteggs benedictfire pit
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing relaxing weekend getaway here this past weekend. Couldn’t have been more perfect. From the room to those views. We decided on the sunset room as we read reviews about the hot tub and it was perfect, never ran into people in the hot tub so it worked out so well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Beach Hideaway in the sunset room and it was truly Awesome!! It was exactly as posted.
It was our 1st time driving through the Sunshine Coast and couldn't have picked a better spot. Marsha was very helpful and recommended places to hike and see in the area and very close to Sechelt.
We relaxed in the hot tub and enjoyed the views and quiet location. Bed was so comfortable and the bathroom spa was heavenly. Felt like royalty :)
Marsha is an Awesome cook and made us wonderful big healthy breakfasts. Marsha takes pride in her place and it shows. Hope to be back real soon Marsha!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This comfy B&B is only a few minutes from Sechelt - right in the middle of the sunshine coast. The views are spectacular. The breakfasts are unique: there is a little twist to each meal served and they are happy to make substitutions if advised in advance (my wife doesn't like bacon so every breakfast she was served had a lovely pile of mushrooms instead).

We were in the Eagle Suite. The room was a little dark, as it is long and only has windows across one end, but the bed was good. We slept well, and the shared patio was gigantic with 160degree views of the sunset. There is a path down to the beach where there is are several sitting areas and access directly onto the beach.

There is a "spa" area, but no instructions on how to access it and the hostess never mentioned anything about it.

Nice kitchenette in the room with all utensils required. We ate breakfast on the patio and watched the seals play in the ocean.

I would recommend not bringing a large truck or van here, as getting out of the driveway is challenging. It has a sharp turn at the top and is very steep.

Each room has a private hot tub on the patio.

Room Tip: Eagle Suite faces the ocean and sleeps 1 couple. Sunset suite faces the ocean and sleeps 2 couples. The loft faces the highway (I think ).
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I booked Beach Hideaway for our wedding. We stayed in the Sea to Sky Loft, my mother stayed in the Eagle suite, and my parents-in-law and sister-in-law stayed in the Sunset suite.

Everything was perfect. The bed was huge and unbelievably comfortable. The shower and bath were luxurious. The views, highlighted by the huge windows, were amazing. Waking up to the sound of the water against the shore and the eagles flying overhead was so peaceful.

Marsha, the owner, was just such a wonderful person. Friendly, patient and an incredible cook! The breakfasts were so delicious. She made our wedding day just perfect.

We traveled from the UK to get married at Beach Hideaway, but it would be magical wherever you are coming from. Thank you Marsha.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hi Becca,
Thank you for taking the time to write your great review.
It was such a honour to be a part of your very special day. Thank you for choosing the Beach Hideaway B&B. I know I and my future guest will appreciate all that you wrote.
May you and Nicholas have a long and happy life together....you're a wonderful couple!
It was my pleasure to be of serve to you!
Marsha

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here for our 3 year wedding anniversary, and stayed in the Eagle Suite. The location is pretty central to get to and from Langdale, Gibsons, Roberts Creek, Halfmoon Bay, and of course, downtown Sechelt. Marsha who runs it is absolutely adorable, and was more than willing to accommodate my being Vegan. The breakfasts were fantastic, the space was comfortable, had everything you could need, and the view is unreal.

Just a few small criticisms:
- the bed was too soft
- we could hear the people above us walking around
- the decor of the room is a little dated

Food:
Morning #1 - Vegan - roasted yam and tomato with kale, and a side of fresh fruit - Omnivore - egg benny over roasted yam and kale, with fresh fruit and yogurt on the side

Morning #2 - Vegan - pancakes and fresh berries - Omnivore - waffles with fresh berries and whip cream

This was my first time on the Sunshine Coast, so I'll probably check out some other accommodations next time, but I definitely recommend this place for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Hi Michelle
Thank you for your review. I do take your criticisms to heart.

I did my very best to ensure that your stay at the Beach Hideaway was comfortable and enjoyable.
When you emailed me to ensure that there would be no down feather used in the bedding I change out the bedding to accommodate your request prior to your arrival.
And I did my best to accommodate you dietary restrictions.

I will address your criticisms below:
Just a few small criticisms:
- the bed was too soft....Sorry that you weren't happy I will look into it...but other people have told me that the bed is very comfortable.

- we could hear the people above us walking around....I live above the Eagle Suite and I live alone. I'm so aware of my guests below me so I try to be so quiet I never wear shoes...I only put them on when delivering breakfast or going outside.

- the decor of the room is a little dated......I'm surprise that you think the Eagle Suite is dated.
All of our suites have had major make overs. The Eagle Suite has a luxurious ensuite with European Travertine stone tile....grand 2 person soaker tub....2 person shower with rain head and hand held showers and 4 body sprays and a beautiful fountain sink.
The Canopy queen bed has the top of the line European Coverlet and luxurious bamboo sheets that keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The Eagle Suite has a sitting area with a love seat and Ottoman.
The eating area has a high round table with swirl stools.

- the TV screen setting had been changed and we couldn't figure out how to change it back, so part of the picture was cut off......I wish you could have come to me about it and I could have fixed it.

- the outdoor propane fire pit didn't seem to be working, which would have been so awesome for a somewhat cooler time of year...... I'm sorry I was unware that it was not working for you.

- I think there was an A/C unit in the room, but we could not find a remote or figure out how to turn it on, it's mid-late September so perhaps they turn it off for the season but we like to cool a room off before going to sleep...... yes with the cooler temperatures we do shut down the A/C . There is a very good and quiet ceiling fan in the room

Food:
Morning #1 - Vegan - roasted yam and tomato with kale..... I usually add mushrooms for Vegans but Michelle did not like them, and a side of fresh fruit
......I also served you orange juice and the freshly baked blueberry muffins- Coffee and a selection of teas are in the suite which you never mentioned.
Omnivore - egg benny over roasted yam and kale You did not mention the back bacon and homemade hollandaise sauce, with fresh fruit and yogurt.
Once again you forgot to mention that breakfast was served with a blueberry muffin and orange juice

Morning #2 - Vegan - pancakes and fresh berries no mention..... again no mention of OJ or banana bread - Omnivore - waffles with fresh berries and whip cream...... again no mention of OJ and banana bread.