“Truly exceptional scuba hideaway - the perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Scuba Shack

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jodylynn0...
Vancouver, BC
“Truly exceptional scuba hideaway - the perfect escape!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Thank you very much for a more than perfect stay at your wonderful cabin. I live in New Westminster, BC and I am an avid scuba diver. I have traveled to Tuwanek before to dive, but have never stayed the night as I usually make only a day trip. This won't be my last time to sleep over though since now I know of the perfect place to stay! My partner traveled very far, all the way from Austin, TX and was very impressed as well with this wonderful little gem. I was proud to show him around with what the Pacific Northwest has to offer in the way of diving.

The small touches in the cabin were unexpected (lights and lanterns everywhere and little amenities that may have been forgotten were available for use), however how you went out of your way to arrange everything to make our dive vacation flow flawless will never be forgotten (you know what I am referring to).

The two bedrooms are separated, which is lovely if you have two couples staying or if you just like a little room to spread out (we have a lot of camera gear and appreciated the extra space). The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed and the bathroom was updated (not just a shower stall also, there was actually a tub). I should not fail to mention also that the entire cabin was absolutely spotless and more than up to my high standards. There were plenty of extra towels also. There was even a lantern in the living room that we took with us to utilize for our night diving at the beach (of course leaving it in the car) however it hung very well from the trunk while we were getting ready. The hot tub was extraordinary to jump into and we brought in the New Year sitting under the stars after a wonderfully full day of diving.

This place and the personal touches are extraordinary! Thanks so much for opening up your wonderful home for us to enjoy both for our New Years Eve holiday and hopefully again soon in the future.

Finally, communication with Jon was exceptional - I found it more than easy to handle the booking and any questions/concerns that I had. He went above and beyond making our stay perfect in every way. Thank you again!!

I have attached photos taken during our three day stay at the Scuba Shack - enjoy!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private hot tub and quick/personal response to communications was most appreciated.
Liked least: The beds could be a little more comfortable, perhaps a memory foam mattress could replace the dark wooded bedroom (left side) which was the hardest of the two.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
mmers05
Calgary, Canada
“A REAL GEM”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

My daughter and I decided only a few weeks before that we wanted to go away with her children (aged 7 and 10). We wanted a cottage, near a beach, and it had to be not too far from Vancouver (daughter lives there, I was flying out to Vancouver from Calgary). Jonathan was basically the only person who answered our VRBO request, I think by the time we decided to go away, so many places were already booked. He asked if we could shift our days forward by one day so that he could accomodate our request which worked out fine for us. He was so pleasant to deal with and the cottage was WONDERFUL! Very clean, 2 bedrooms, great hot tub area, great firepit area. Decks were lovely. The cottage was fully equipped - the kitchen had everything anyone could need. It was just perfect for a little getaway. In fact, I would have loved to stay longer. And the Sunshine Coast lived up to it's name - fabulous weather!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: all the decks!
Liked least: Can I say 'having to leave?'
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$181
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing