“Great food from passionate cooks”

Ambrosia Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Naramata
Price range: US$15 - US$37
Description: – Inspired by the Bench – Join us at Ambrosia Restaurant & Lounge and delight your palate with the tastes of the Okanagan Valley. Our elevated dishes feature vibrant produce and choice meats from Okanagan farms, fresh seafood from local BC waters and Ambrosia garden-picked garnish, all prepared by our passionate culinary team. Enjoy a delicious glass of Naramata-bench wine from our hand-selected wine list, a refreshing pint of Okanagan craft beer or a bespoke cocktail using spirits from local artisan distilleries. Relax in our rustic, prohibition style lounge or reminiscence with friends & family on our charming garden patio.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We've stayed at the Naramata Heritage Inn several times over the past few years, so have often eaten at the Ambrosia restaurant, located on the lower floor. The setting is great, with an outdoor patio on two levels and a very pleasant inside area as well. This year the kitchen is run by two brothers, who in addition to operating the restaurant, manufacture a range of delicious pasta, including various gluten free options. Our dinner started with an appetizer of filled squash, very tasty and attractively presented. Our group also shared the vegetarian antipasto plate. While there was no meat, there were so many flavours on this plate that this was not missed at all. For my main, I had the mango-grilled chicken, was served on a bed of couscous, quinoa and vegetables. I found this dish extremely flavourful, satisfying and delicious. A passion for great food, locally sourced, was so evident when the chef visited our table and waxed enthusiastically about all the fresh produce available in local gardens and farms. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Sheltered and gorgeous patio to sip on local wine and eat local food prepared with love and care. Great selection with lots of vegetarian and GF options as well. Pizza can't go wrong! Stunning ambiance, great date or family dinner place.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

My wife and I had dinner here on a Friday evening as we were staying in the hotel situated in the same building. The patio was a pleasant location on a summer's evening and we started with a shared duck salad, which was as advertised and OK. For main course, my wife chose the vegan pizza (called the 'Okanagan delight') and I chose the salmon agnolotti. The pizza was indescribably unappetising. The dough was gluten free (which we had not realised ) so looked pale and insipid and it was dotted with small lumps of goat's cheese, little pieces of grilled pear and apple and some almonds. Contrary to its name, this was the most in undelightful plate of food we have seen and was hardly even a pizza. There was no base layer of cheese or sauce as one would expect and it was just unpleasant to look at and worse to taste. My pasta arrived in a deep bowl and was swimming in a horrible oily liquid. The pasta itself was thick and the salmon filling revolting. Luckily it was a small portion and there was no spoon supplied to eat the liquid, so not sure what its purpose was. On reflection, we should have just returned both dishes and left, but we tried to eat what we could. The only saving grace was the wine, which was excellent. The service was poor and when our waitress eventually returned and asked how our meal was, we told her. Strangely, this was followed after a lengthy delay by a different lady who just left a bowl of ice cream with fruit sauce in the table, which we had not asked for and did not want (no spoons supplied anyway, so maybe they realised this). When the bill came, they had taken off the price of the pizza and for that alone I have rated this experience as poor rather than terrible. I have waited a month to reflect on this experience before reviewing and it really was as bad as I am now recalling. My only regret was paying for my main course, as this was probably the the least appetising food I have ever tasted in a restaurant in the last 40 years.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant and great staff, and the food was great.We be back .The Inn was a perfect place to stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary, the dinner exceeded our expectations. The service was friendly but professional . They are back !