• Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall townlobby coffeehot springsbare boneswalking distanceroom was cleanstayed nightsnice hotelper nightwould definitely stay here againmotellakekitchenettegearmotorcycle
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Damn, some people are so fussy! If you want a big city hotel, then stay in the city. Nakusp is a small town and you get what you get. I could park my motorcycle right at the front door where it could be watched. And that makes for easy unloading.

The room was pretty basic, but that's fine with me. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure and there was lots of hot water. I carry my own coffee making supplies so didn't need whatever they serve in the lobby. I wouldn't expect much from lobby coffee anyway. Come to my room and I'll brew you a nice medium roast French Press.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Nakusp is a pretty chill place. The Selkirk is a good clean low cost place to stay. I was there on business and the room was clean and had blackout curtains which kept out the light. The cost is low and the room is bare bones. The staff was very nice. If you don't need frills and need a place to lay your head the Selkirk is for you.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We spent 2 nights there this past weekend. The room was clean and the beds were okay. The bathroom could use an update but everything was functional and clean. The operators were friendly and helpful. The room was basic with no microwave or coffee maker but did have a small fridge. There was a microwave in the lobby to use and the coffee was always available. We asked for another blanket and were given one promptly.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank ECfromSA-BC
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Travel here every summer to ride some of the best motorcycle roads in BC. Always stay at the Selkirk Inn. Owners are very accommodating and friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable with a/c that keeps you cool on those hot days of summer. They provide water & towels to clean your bike. Get a room at the back to have ready access from your bike or vehicle to your room. Prices are reasonable. Highly this place.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris a
Reviewed 20 August 2016

This was an unplanned detour off our original vacation path, but we were pleasantly rewarded. The town is tucked away in the mountains and this motel seem to have kept some "old styles", but not in a bad way.

We had a standard room with one queen bed. furnitures were antiquey, but kinda cute in its own way. We like it because it made us feel we were truly away from the city and the big franchises, but at the same time we still had access to all the necessary amenities. The bed was comfortable, flat screen tv discreetly mounted on the wall, and air conditioned (very important!).
The staff were nice and accommodating, and pointed out many things to do in the area. We loved the beach, the hot springs, the parks. Turns out there will be mushroom picking around the region in October! Maybe we will come back for some mushrooms.

Room Tip: Call to book ahead if you can, we almost didn't get a room because they were busy. (maybe just the summer?)
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple