All reviews the owner room was clean the river motel upgrades furniture
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Imperial Motel while working in Grand Forks. It was an absolutely poor choice on our part! The rooms and beds are below standards. When staying for 4 nights and I lost my key I was charged $5 for a replacement and the room was never cleaned for the duration. The towels are only changed when requested and there is no replacement toiletries unless requested. The cost was $100 a night which should have included these simple common courtesies.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2018

got all booked in, and the manager paid. only to have the hindu play games and change his mind, and refuse us a room. based on the fact that our kids were running in the empty parking lot, and burning off steam. took our money, and wouldn't return it. avoid this METH addict flop house, go anywhere but motel 99 in grand forks. two worst run motels, i've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Room Tip: doesn't like children, but is apparently fond of drug addicts.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Terrible place!!!! Bad smell in the room. paint falling off in bathroom. So noisy never got to sleep shoulda just kept driving!! At least sleeping in the car is clean and doesn't cost 80$. Lots of similar reviews that I wished I'd read first

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I rescind my previous review. My family and I decided to stop in Grand Forks as a stopover before heading to the USA. We arrived and the initial red flag was an empty parking lot. The owner was indifferent throughout the booking process and struggled to make eye contact. Our room, while consistent with smaller community motels, was rather drab (the photo caption is not an accurate reflection of 90% of the rooms). At about 9:00pm I overheard another couple make a comment to the owner regarding the mold found in their room. This quickly intensified to homophobic slurs and profanity by the hotel owner. The couple asked to leave because they "chose not to like the room". I later saw pictures taken by this couple - mold in every portion of the hotel, dirty unmade sheets and a massive buildup of dust around the washroom fan. The owner continued to swear and yell profanities while my children were trying to sleep. My experience does not appear to be isolated based on other reviews of this motel on other websites. Other reviews indicated the hotel changed ownership in the last year and sadly this was my experience. I intend to escalate my concerns further but please heed my warning...avoid!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark Z
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here several times through at least three owners. We thought it was getting better but our two nights stay recently made us rethink this assumption. The motel is deteriorating and upgrades that were done to the room we last stayed in had a definite DIY disaster feel. The sink backed up a couple of times - major plumbing issues are on the horizon. The furniture is battered and stained. The laminate floor (not a good idea for a motel) was poorly installed and showing considerable wear. Ventilation is poor. The beds were comfortable. I don't think we will be returning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple