“Best place for breakfast”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in High River
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I have lived in High River since 2009. A former colleague of mine, we are both retired, get together frequently for breakfast here. There are five different breakfast specials, one for each day, from Monday to Friday. They all are $8.75 including coffee. On Tuesdays, it is the traditional bacon and eggs. Thursday, one eggs benedict with hash browns. Monday, pancakes, eggs and meat. There is no better deal anywhere and the service is amazing. They have a brunch on Sunday.

As far as I know, this is the only place in town that has a salad bar for lunch and dinner and it is excellent.

As far as their dinner menu, it can be beaten but for the budget traveller it definitely is the best you will get. Since I enjoy great suppers, that is the only reason I have not rated this a 5.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I moved to High River recently, I have had several meals here at various times of day since moving to High River. The entire town is wonderful with fabulous views of the distant Rockies. Generally when I have visitors I like to take them to the Heritage Inn for brunch, lunch or dinner and not once have I been disappointed. The hot food is served piping hot and the salads are lovely, fresh and crispy. The buffets are amazing and are replenished continuously - as necessary. the Wait Staff is very attentive which is very important to me and we can enjoy a leisurely visit when we want to without out ever feeling 'rushed'.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I does not seem right to start a restaurant review noting something that is beyond their control but I am going to give it a try. I chose this restaurant because it was steps away from my room and I just did not feel like driving any more for the day. I had reading with me and while I wasn't really watching the clock, I believe I was in the restaurant for an hour and half. During that time, my server Christie covered all of the tables and with the exception of the family walking in as I was leaving, they were all seniors!

Christie took time to note the specials and point out the salad bar or soup that was included with dinner. She was patient and as I listened to her repeat the menu table by table, I was taken with the care she showed to what could best be referred to as a lot of old folks eating. NOTE: I have been a senior myself for many years now and I happily consider myself part of that surviving group. Thank you Christie for allowing me that observation.

I ordered a Coke and lasagna with naan bread. This is such a simple dish and I am always surprised when a restaurant flubs it. But Heritage did not and it was a solid hit. There was plenty of cheese (that always makes me happy) and the pasta was nicely fortified and not watery.

Dessert could have been a miss but how could I possibly walk away from something they call a Smores Sundae? When Christie brought it to my table, she noted that one of the ingredients was missing but they did some substitutions and then ran a torch over the top to melt it all together. Beautiful, really! My bed was now calling to me and I was sure that as I walked the hallway, it more looked like a waddle than a walk!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Heritage Inn High River. Our room was large with two very comfortable beds, bathroom was fine, staff were friendly and helpful. Staff in the hotel bar and the Spitzee bar adjacent to the hotel were welcoming and helpful with recommendations on where to eat. Overall very happy and great value!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

we had all our meals and snacks for 3 days in the hotel. Not only was the food great, they always had healthy options available.