All reviews thematic restaurants kids club there are so many life guards big resort inside pool thermal water st constantine helena
Reviewed 4 July 2015

The hotel is clean, food is good, but is old and has some physical defects. Small details make the difference between a 5 stars hotel and other hotels. And this hotel is a 5 star only on paper. Anyway...Employees are kind and friendly. It was a nice experience. if you asked me "do you wanna repeat the experience?" I would say "yes". The resort needs a deeper pool for adults. wi-fi signal is poor.... and when you got the signal the connection is not working...

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Silviu83
Marketing Grand... S, Manager at Grand Hotel Varna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear Silviu,

We would like to thank you for your review.
All kinds of reviews about our hotel are very important to us and help us significantly improve our service and the quality of our service.
We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about the cleaning, the food and the service.
Thank you also for the shared opinion for wi fi connection. So we can remove some of our shortcomings!

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you in our hotel once again!

We wish you have a nice day!

Kind regards

Grand Hotel Varna Resort&Spa Team,

Reviewed 15 June 2015

I was there in a teambuilding in June 2013 and the hotel looked a little like our old hotels from the communism era. Tired furniture and bed sheets; the water was running in the toilet all day and night and the elevator would close on you when you least expect it, either hitting you with its doors or leaving you outside / inside. The food is quite bad; from the buffet, at lunch, I could only eat pasta, salads and potatoes that I found to be eatable. Outside, the story is very different. The resort is big and has multiple tennis courts, pool, a great beach, nice bar and terrace plus a games room on the first floor. The only minus here was the music that consisted of a few club songs put on repeat...we left knowing the beats by heart.

Room Tip: rooms with a pool view are noisy but the view is worth it
Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pucca1383
Marketing Grand... S, Manager at Grand Hotel Varna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Pucca,

Thank you for sending your feedback! We truly appreciate costumers who take the time to let us know about their experiences during their stay in our complex.

We assure you that customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want the services at our hotels to reflect the principle.

We always recommend our guests in the case that any of the services in the hotel does not meet their expectations, to immediately contact the hotel manager or manager on duty, so we can respond and make an effort to make the stay of the guests more comfortable.

We would like to use the case to share with you that there are a lot of changes in our hotel from June 2013 - new elevators, better quality and presentation of the food on the buffet and etc.

Thank you once again for the post and the good words for the good words for the pool, the beach and the park area.

We are sure that if you decide to visit us again in the future, we'll be able to meet your expectations and you'll have a pleasant stay in our beautiful complex and country.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

I visited the Grand Varna Hotel and I was impressed by how much they strive to improve their services. I am convinced that all less positive comments are taken seriously and they are working very hard to make tourists happy.
First of all and most important, I noticed a lot of kindness and smiles on every face.

A diversified food and better organization of the restaurant in order to eliminate queues as possible.

At check in, they hurry up to give us all inclusive bracelets as soon as we entered the hotel, so every tourist may have access to drinks from the bar even before getting the room.

The bathroom in our room was renovated, the room itself was very clean.

Now in May, the weather was not favorable, so we could not stay outdoors, but inside the hotel they opened more bars (among which some were out of all inclusive system in past years).

I do not say it's a perfect hotel, but its garden is certainly perfect, one of the most beautiful places near the seashore, a paradise for families with children. The ratio quality/price is very good.

We definitely will be happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lumi_Si
Marketing Grand... S, Manager at Grand Hotel Varna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Dear Lumi_Si,

Thank you for your feedback! We thank you leaving comments, by which we can make our services better.
Thank you also, that you appreciate our efforts, to offer to our guests quality service and to make the stay of our guests comfortable.
Our concept is aimed at families with children and we try every year to enrich the product.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity again to welcome you as guests in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Grand Hotel Varna Resor&Spa Team

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

5 stars? It's barely 2 stars. Everything is old. The food is exacrable. The elevator(lift) is horrible. I was afraid of being stuck in it. The beds are dirty and i posted the 'do not disturb' sign every day because i heard a lot of stealing stories(maids). I do NOT recomend this hotel at all.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Flavian C
Marketing Grand... S, Manager at Grand Hotel Varna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Dear 79Flavi,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate and thank you leaving comments, by which we can make our services better.
We realize that our words now will not make up for the bad experience you had in our hotel, but we really hope that it does in some way shows how truly regretful we are.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

I stayed in this hotel in August 2014, with my wife and 3 Children, we paid for 'Premium' All Inclusive, we had a suite which was spacious with nice bathrooms and comfy beds, but could do with refurbishing just like all floors of the hotel. The resort has great potential if it was managed properly, the grounds are perfect for families, but they have to invest in and train the staff that work there.

Arrival was very pleasant, Reception staff were incredibly professional and friendly, so i was thinking after having reservations about staying in the hotel that this was going to be a great holiday. How this feeling deteriorated as soon as we had to go and eat.

Day 1 - Went to the main Restaurant at the hotel, my eldest son (10 yrs) queued for 40 mins to get 3 hot dogs for him, his brother and sister. Returned to the table upset, as the Chef making the hot dogs told him he was only permitted one hot dog per family, he told the Chef that he had a brother and sister also, and the chef refused to give him 2 more hot dogs and told him to move along as other people were waiting.

Day 2 - Breakfast, at the cooking stand I asked for some fried eggs, and was told that the 3 chefs working there could only make pancakes today. How can you have a cooking stand and not cater for guests requirements at a 5 Star hotel.

Day 2 - tried to organize a birthday party for my son in the Italian Restaurant, the Restaurant tried to charge me 120 lv for bringing in a cake. Lady at Reception intervened and organised a table for 8 kids. Asked the hotel manager if we could have a Pizza for the table. Manager said no, so i preceded to queue 40 mins to get Pizza for the kids. Nice way to be treated.

Day 3 - Went to the Albatross restaurant, beautiful setting, but had to wait 1 hour and 10 mins to get 2 beers for myself and my Dad despite asking several times, we finally got the beers when I finally has enough and told the waiter i would go and poor them myself.

Day 4 - Went to the Italian Restaurant for dinner, asked for a Gin & Tonic, was refused as they didn't have it at the bar. I replied saying that the lobby bar some 5 meters away had Gin & Tonic could the waitress not go and get the drink from their, my suggestion was refused, so had to serve myself.

Day 5 - Took my eldest boy, Father and friend out of the hotel to go GoKarting, has a lovely dinner outside the hotel with nice friendly service. Came back to an international incident with my wife and the waitress at the Asian Restaurant arguing as the waitress refused to put two tables together so we could sit altogether with friends, despite their being only 8 people in the restaurant. We were forced to sit separately. My wife was furious, so my Mother ordered drinks for the kids and two glasses of wine, the waitress returned with the kids drinks and 1 glass of wine for my Mother. My mother said she ordered 2 glasses of wine, to which the waitress replied saying that my wife was not having a glass of wine until she calmed down..... Unbelievable

Day 6 - Went to see the Chief Executive to share our experience. Was very pleasant person and understanding of our problems. The CEO confirmed he had never experienced dining at his hotel. I suggested he did this. Also suggested he must put a training procedure in place for the staff. Told the CEO it was a 4 Star Hotel with 1 Star Service.

Day 7 - Went to lunch in the BBQ Restaurant at 1:10pm, restaurant closes at 2pm. Eldest son asked for drinks 3 times for the kids, at 2:05pm he asks for the 4th time, and the waiter refuses to serve the kids drinks as they are closed. I finally snapped and told the waiter that the kids were thirsty and that this was the 4th time we had asked for juice. I told the waiter that we had paid good money to be served food and drinks and that I wanted him to bring them. The waiter turned around to me, put his finger to his lips and said 'ssshhhh, you be quiet'. Now I'm not a violent man, but this made the red mist come down, and my parents had to restrain me. I have never in my whole life of travelling to many destinations ever been treated like that. I think the waiter was called Stoyan.

So after all these episodes I was so eager to leave this Resort. The service at the Restaurants was the worst I have ever experienced.

The beach is quite nice but for a 5 star resort there is no mattresses on the sun beds and hardly any room to move without stepping on fellow guests.

Overall experience was that it was great place for kids, but just don't go for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner as it will truly destroy you. Basically its a 5 Star resort for Children, and 2 Star for Adults.

The pool bar staff on the other hand were excellent, good fun, joking, making cocktails for you when you didn't even ask, very friendly and provided a nice change. Therefore i left them a tip. Maybe they should get the Bar & Reception staff to work with the staff in the Restaurants so there level of expertise in service rubs off, or just train the people and invest in them and encourage the guests to tip for good service.

I will never return to this resort again after such a shocking experience. I have lived in Sofia, Bulgaria for 10 years and have experienced bad service but never anything to compare with this.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jonathan H

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you once again for the post , so we can remove some of our shortcomings and improve the quality of our services!