Melia Grand Hermitage(Golden Sands)
US$304
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Orchidea Boutique Spa(Golden Sands)
US$98
US$65
Grifid Hotel Vistamar(Golden Sands)
US$220
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Grifid Hotel Metropol(Golden Sands)
US$250
  • Breakfast included
HVD Viva Hotel(Golden Sands)
US$163
Hotel Admiral(Golden Sands)
US$172
US$143
  • Pool
Royal Beach Hotel(Golden Sands)
US$42
Grifid Hotel Arabella(Golden Sands)
US$220
  • Pool
US$162
US$141
Priceline
All reviewsthe general managerwelcome cookiesea viewanimation teamaqua parkbig roomchoose this hotelpoolssirisaunalanguagedisco
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Booked a family vacation - me, my husband and a 3year old and my brother with his pregnant fiancee.
As I was the one to handle the reservations, my brother asked me to check the reviews. I'm gonna be honest: we did not face any of the problems we read about in the previous reviews.

1. The staff speaks English. I don't know if it's the best English, but hey, this is not college, it's a hotel, if you can have a decent conversation, then I'd say it is enough. We didn't have any problem at all when communicating with the staff.
2. The rooms were clean, comfortable, big. For me, a big plus are the blackout curtains. You're on vacation. Maybe you don't want to get up at sunrise.
3. The location is quite ok. A walking distance of maybe 10 minutes to the public beach. Transportation is offered for free if you choose to go to the hotel's private beach. Had no issue booking a trip with the reception.
4. The food was good. Good variety of salads, soups and main courses. Maybe you could be disappointed in the desserts. I chose fruits most of the time, as the cakes were meh. But then again, I didn't mind at all. I was comfortable to feed my kid there, so I guess that's all that matters.
5. You can find some entertainment programs daily. We didn't care about that aspect so much, and I do believe that a vacation is only complete when enjoying the surroundings. The resort was quite lively even if it was past the first half of September.

I wrote this to offer readers a different perspective on the experience you might have in this hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent sea view - so, if possible, choose a room facing the Black Sea
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Adriana N
Gabriella J, Marketing Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Adriana N,
Thank you for this great review. It is wonderful to have your warm words of the hotel rooms, the food quality and its variety, the animation team and entertainment programes, as well. Thank you very much for your appreciation.
We thank you for spending your summer holiday with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Varna Golden Sands and hope to once again serve you in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This is my last day here ,so thought I would do this while relaxing before I fly home,
So I've never been to Bulgaria before so thought stick with a Hilton hotel as I've used quite a few round the world and always been good and well known name ,
This is classed as a 5 star,so again should be good.
So we arrived at hotel on Sunday teatime after 3 hour journey by mini bus from airport,so long day traveling ,we were checked in very quickly by Roman really nice guy gave us some warm cookies as a welcome which was a nice touch,
We were on the 5th floor sea view and have to say the view was really good,
The room was quite large basic but fine,as long as it's clean as it should be as we don't spend much time In there anyway,we were both hungry by then so went down to dining room for food .oh dear this is were it.started to go down hill ,there was no one on the door so anyone can walk in and help them selfs ,there was a dress code sign by door men should wear trousers. Evening,but most had shorts on as though they had just come from the pool area,I'm no snob by a long way but what's the point having this code if no one keeps to it, ok found a table no knifes forks napkins on them ?.had to get your own ,not one one member of staff came over to greet us say hello good evening as this was our first night ,I called so called waiter over and asked him if we could order some drinks,he pointed to a bar at top of room ,basically have to get them your self haha,this is 5 star. don't forget,only hotel I've ever been in were you do this apart from breakfast.
I could go on and on but made list below
Pros
Nice large room,
Good sea view
Very comfy bed best ever in fact ,
Indoor pool very nice
Always a sun bed,
Roman and rest of staff on front desk very polite and helpfull when you ask them anythink.

cons,
Room was never cleaned all week sheets never changed until, last day ,that was because wife spoke to Roman and it was sorted straight away,but it should not have to be us telling them to do this
Room is in need of remod carpet is dirty need to replace
We used the cups in room they never changed them ,we told the maid only for her to take them into the bathroom and wash them under the tap using her fingers to clean them, again this is supposed to be 5 star,
Outside pool no parasols at all why not.some beds broke?.pool was never cleaned,
Small jaqusi never worked full of leaves?
Dinning room,oh dear were do I start, it was more like a works canteen ,first few days not one person on the door to greet you and make sure no one who shouldn't be there wasn't , staff nearly all of them were scruffy ,trainers on even jeans in some cases, apart from the young chief with blond hair and one young lady with long black hair always looked smart sorry don't know names,but the rest of them terrible they have no manners ,never ever say hello the one lad looks like he's going to burst into tears they never smile it's as though it's all to much for them and don't won't to be there
Food was at best ok ,I know you have peps from all over come here,but still it was same every day ,some times not cooked propley,the staff in there were very unhelpful when you asked them somethink they just shrugged their shoulders and walked off,and this 5star?
Entertainment was a joke really ,disco and bingo come on what's that all about
Come 9 clock the place is dead few peps having a drink on the terrace ,why not but bit of music on out there singer or band on some nights ,instead of most of the guests going out every night for entertainment ,5 star?
It really needs some one to get hold of this hotel and give it a good shake up on the basic things ,ie,
Sort out dining room staff ,how to deal with customers proper training,
Sort out maids do there jobs propley
Make sure you have all the amenities working that you advertise ,like jaqusi ,snooker tables were was that that's on the tv ad ,just basic stuff,
It seems to be same complaints on here over and over again ,and you give same reply ever time but nothing seems to change,.at the moment I would rate this hotel 2star because of all I have put down above,not why Hilton still have there name with this hotel or if any one from Hilton have been and had a look at this one

Room Tip: Better hotels here than this at the moment so I would book somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kevin j

Dear Kevin J,
Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable comments with us. We are grateful to have your nice review on our rooms, the sea view and the indoor swimming pool, as well. Thank you for your appreciation over the reception staff and for your warm words over our concierge, Roman, in particular as our major goal is to provide a rewarding experience to all of our guests.
Thank you for providing us information about the difficulties during your stay. Our mission is to be the most hospitable company in the world – by creating heartfelt experiences for all of our guests, which makes your feedback such a valuable part of our improvement. We highly appreciate your notes over the hotel facilities, the customer service and the animation program and would like to guarantee that your comments will be forwarded to the corresponding Heads of departments.
We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.
I would like to thank you one more time for bringing your comments to our attention.
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I spent a week at this hotel during the summer and although I was expecting a lower standard compared to the 5 stars I am used to, I was left disappointed by the state of the rooms and the hotel. The carpets were worn and frayed, stained in various areas, the floor metal bar in the lift was lifted and it's just an accident waiting to happen, as it is so easy to trip on it.
The food was average, a bit bland and repetitive and the DoubleTree cookie was like a stone and certainly not warm, as it is supposed to be!
However, the pools were nice and well maintained and the staff was exceptional, the only saving grace! The views of the Black Sea from the higher floors were also very nice.

Stayed: August 2017
Gabriella J, Marketing Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Bgswan_11,
Thank you fot taking the time to share this review. It is wonderful to have your warm words over the hotel facilities and the swimming pools in particular. Also, it is great that you appreciated our staff and were happy with the view from your room. Please, accept our apologies about the difficulties experienced during your stay. We highly appreciate your notes over the hotel services and would like to assure you that our efforts will be focus in the right direction so that we can make it right!
We look forward to welcoming you as our guest for your next vacation.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Staff were rude arrogant unhelpful scruffy and unkept shirts never seen an iron 90%of them. Toilets stank, hallways to rooms stank. we were all inclusive food was a disgrace what came baked one day came stewed the next and soup the next. The dining hall stank of rotten fish. If the staff new any English it was What and Pay if you asked a question they just ranted at you in Bulgarian and walked off.
We were told by someone who had been there before that this hotel has been sold to someone else and gone downhill drastically, so please don't waste your time and money going to this one

Room Tip: Don't go hotel is dreadful
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank stephaniehopgood
Gabriella J, Marketing Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Stephaniehopgood,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are very sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties of that nature and were left unhappy with the food variety and its quality. Our guests can enjoy several dining options with cuisines to tempt the palate. We would like to know that the customers' needs are being met which makes your feedback a valuable part of the process.
Thank you very much for providing us information about the difficulties through your stay. This will help us to improve our services and make it right.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
With best regards,
Gabriela Anastasova
Marketing Coordinator

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This is not our first trip to this resort, and if you want the consistent service, clean rooms, everything in its place, and a great value for your money, there are many ways to make a mistake, but choosing this hotel is not one of them.
Beds are at par with the best I have seen.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Gabriella J, Marketing Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this amazing review! We are happy to know that you had e joyful vacation with us!
It has been our pleasure to serve you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.
With kindest regards from Bulgaria!