1,591 results
All reviewssea viewhalf boardbulgarian restaurantanimation teambreakfast and dinnerpool areastudio roomfantastic hotelquiet end of sunny beachkhans tentkids cornerthomson repflower streetcourtesy roomcrazy golfan armysomething for everyone
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 11 nights. Over all the hotel is lovely and we had a really good time but we didn't get off to a good start!

When we collected our bags at the airport one of them looked like the lock had been cut and some of my things were hanging out of the suitcase. Luckily I had seen previous reviews and kept all my electricals in my hand luggage so nothing was taken.

When we arrived we checked in and took our bags up to the room our selves as we wanted to go through the suitcase asap to check if anything was missing- we were offered bell boys but we decided to take them. We walked into the room and noticed that the bathroom door was broken looked like someone had put their fist through it- we decided to get changed into our swim stuff before going down to report it. We then reported it to a guy on reception who took the room number down and asked whether to send the maintenance man to fix- the maintenance man didn't come as we advised that it would probably need a whole new door. We thought we had done the right thing. The next day in the afternoon we had two letters through the door one from the reception and the other from the rep Hayley asking for us to go to reception and to see her- we went straight to the reception and were told we needed to speak to the resources manager so we waited at his desk for him. He came and asked us if we knew what this was about and we thought it was about what my partner wore to dinner the previous evening as men are not allowed to wear vests in the restaurant. He then got his phone out and showed us a picture of the door. I advised him we had reported this the day before and he then went back to the reception to then come out to tell us we never. We demanded to speak to the guy that we spoke to and were told he was not in. The manager kept repeating that the cleaners check the rooms before new arrivals come and were calling us liars and that if he had broken a door he would try and cover it up by blaming the previous customers. My boyfriend asked them to check the cctv from the day before to prove we did come to reception but was told even if we were on there this could not prove anything as was not voice recorded.

Half an hour or so later the guy we had reported it to appeared and we asked him about speaking the him the day before - he denied that we had even reported it to him!!! And that we only spoke to him about the safety deposit box. I asked why he was lying and basically got laughed in my face. The reception manager was there at this point and advised to replace the door was 400 lev which was just under £200 - we were not paying for something we didn't do! We waited until that evening to speak to our rep who advised she would speak to them and to wait to hear from them- we spoke to the rep each day for an update as know one came to speak to us and waited 3/4 days for an answer. We were told to forget about it- they said they had checked the cctv and we were not on there at all they even said we didn't go to dinner that night which was an absolute lie! The reception staff are so rude and we couldn't believe the guy we reported it to lied and denied us reporting it!! We felt so embarrassed. We now know to report something immediately before getting the blame!

The hotel itself is huge and the pool area is very clean and spacious. Cleaners work day and night! The food at the hotel is really nice and a lot of choice! Some days are better than others.

The entertainment staff are amazing! Always encouraging you to do the activities and coming around when your by the pool to talk to you and see if you are ok.

There is no wifi unless you pay for it but who really goes on holiday to sit on the Internet so didn't bother me. If you want wifi all the beach bars have it so can't really complain. The beach is lovely and sandy you have to pay for sun beds or there is a free area where you take towels to lay on. The hotel is situated at the end of the strip which is the quiet end! This is really nice as you can't hear any of the noise but it is close enough to walk up to the busy end. There are a lot of bars and restaurants as well as shops where you can buy your fakes which is good! Also you have to try their chicken kebabs!! They are to die for.. as you go out of the hotel on the beach end turn right and on the left there is a takeaway place which do kebabs, pizzas and crepes- he does the best kebab!

There are lots of different excursions to do buggy ride is worth doing and the Aqua park is good. We also had a Turkish bath and massage which was amazing.

Apart from the start of the holiday we had an amazing time and would defiantly go back! The only thing to complain about this hotel is the reception staff! Over all it is the best hotel on sunny beach! Worth a visit!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Leighanne B
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Well this is a first for me, I don't normally write bad reviews, but we were so disappointed with this holiday that I felt I had to! This is defo not a holiday for family's!
At the time of booking we thought we were very lucky that we had booked a cheap priced hotel ranked number 1 out of 211, a bit sceptical about mixed reviews, but thought it must be number 1 for a reason but I am not sure what.... We have since discovered there is a reason for it being cheap!
When we arrived at the hotel, with our 4 year old & 1 year old, we were met by grumpy reception staff, taken to our room which was nice, but had a horrible view when we had paid for a sea/pool view, instead we were looking on to the street where the strip club was! The room had no lift access, so each time we went to our room, we had to get our 1 year old out of the pushchair to tackle the stairs down to the floor below reception where our room was! I rang reception to ask if we could swap rooms and they said there were no rooms available, not practical, but hey ho, not the end of the world just a pain every time we went to & from the room!
The hotel staff hardly spoke English, restaurant staff stood outside of the restaurant and grunted 'hello' at you if you were lucky when you walked in & vary rarely smiled. Restaurant was dirty!
We asked on the day of arrival if we could book a late checkout as our flight was late at night, we were told that they wouldn't know if this was possible until the day before, so to go back & ask then, I found that a little odd too, but we managed to get a late checkout in the end, which we booked the day before departure for about 67 lev.
I know it's not that important but there was no free wifi not even in the pool/bar area which I find odd for a supposedly 'platinum' 4/5* hotel.
We were told we got to eat at the restaurant dolce vita once during our week stay but when we went to book we discovered that you had to pay extra for that.
Sunny Beach itself is awful!! Definitely not for kids, I would describe it as a new style magaluf, ok if you are on a hen/stag do, plenty of strip clubs, casinos, tattoo shops & sex shops, not for family's!!!
The beach was packed & dirty, covered in cigarette ends, plastic cups & bottles & rubbish!
We couldn't wait to get home!
Never again will we go to Bulgaria!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank Siobhan P
Reviewed 11 September 2015

We stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks (end of Aug - beg of Sept) with 2 children (5 years and 8 months) and my 2 parents. Me and my children lived in studio with kitchen (park view, quiet room, 7 floor, highly recommended) and my parents in double room with sea view (music, karaoke and other entertainment till midnight - for those who don't sleep :)
There is no something special - just regular hotel with good service and restaurant.
The only one thing in the restaurant was terrible - dirty plates, caps, flatware etc. It's inadmissible to have such unclean vessels. But I should admit that variety of food was good (enough meet, fish, pasta etc).

Comfortable sandy beach acceptable for children. Amusement park in 10 min walking from the hotel. Close to Nessebar (25 lv) and St Vlas (20 lv).

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are noisy
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2015

This is our third time back to the Majestic gave it a break last year but came back this year in August. Arrived in the early hours nice welcome at reception. I requested a sea view and the room they gave us the balcony was tiny and you had to stand to see the sea. I asked for a room change and we got ont two days later. They checked everyday with us before the room change couldnt have been more helpfull. Plenty of sun loungers and very comfortable, mind you the pool is freezing. Plenty of selection for food only thing is there are plenty of people who jump the queue very annoying. Plenty of activities around the pool zumba, aerobics, football, yoga etc.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JATCORK
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic week here, hotel was brilliant, food was good, only negative was the jellyfish in the sea but that can't be helped. Think we're going to book again for next year as we enjoyed it so much. The locals were all friendly towards the tourists

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family