All reviewsbed and breakfastair conpool barlive actsneighbouring hotelwet room bathroomnoddy trainper dayplenty of sunbedscurrency exchangebars and restaurantsenjoy your staysmall fridgemarket stallsperfect hotelgood sizegreat holiday
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I stayed here with my husband and another couple in a weekend. We rent a 2 bedroom apartment, paying 460 leva for 3 nights, with breakfast included.
The rooms were relatively large, with a spectacular sea and pool view, clean, with double beds, on 6th floor. The apartment has two bathrooms, but with toilet and sink in the first and in the second with a sink and a shower.
Cleaning was done daily, but linens and towels were not changed in three days ever. Breakfast was relatively ok, with food that repeat daily but quite varied: cereal, milk, yogurt, salami, sausages, boiled eggs and fried, butter, jam, honey, vegetables, melons and bananas, and some cookies. I didn`t liked the coffee that was offered at breakfast, it was a sort of instant coffee with a strange taste.
At the reception there is a supermarket with good prices, where you can take something in the room, like water, chips, peanuts.
The wi-fi is free, but does not go nearly all.
I understand from reviews that the pool lounge chairs are paid, but I was never in three days because the sea is so close that it seemed not deserve to sit at the pool. (Somewhere within 20-25 metres from the hotel).
There is also a lobby bar at the reception, where you can drink good coffee, not instant, price of 2.5 leva (about half a euro),or you can enjoy cocktails. (Bartenders are very kind, but would need to improve their English :))
Overall, we were pleased for what we received for the price paid, and we think that in the future to come back here for a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andreea L
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I will begin with the OK part: location - in a more quiet area of Sunny beach, right across from the beach and with a small pool. But that is about the only things that was ok.

In a 6 day stay there was no towel change and no linens change. Imagine how the room looked with a toddler and a dog (for which we paid extra cleaning fee). Extra toilet paper was only on request. And they did not even bring it to the room. They gave it to us in hand at the reception as we prepared to go out for the evening, so we had to go back up to take it to the room.

The staff is rude. There is no going about this one. They literally yelled at us for "breaking the rules" such as bringing the diaper bag with me to dinner. You try dinning with a 2 year old without having toys, paper napkins, wet napkins and the sort.

if you are not willing to leave your car keys with the reception you need to pay for parking somewhere else. And we saw how the parking guy behaved with the cars, at one point he was putting his feet up the dashboard of a car.... to relax.

The dinner was just horrible. Airplane food with guess what is hiding beneath this sauce.

Sunbeds cost extra, a decent coffee (not instant) costs extra and they would not even serve it to you in the restaurant at breakfast you had to go to the hotel bar to get it.

I would not recommend it even if the price is decent.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Magdaneagu
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I've traveled to more than 35 countries on 4 different continents, but Slavyanski Hotel was in the top 3 worst hotel experiences in my life. I will list out all the things that made me reach this conclusion:

1. The first thing that struck me about this hotel is that you cannot get inside with your luggage. Cars are literally parked jammed-packed around the stairs, leaving a very narrow and abrupt slope for guest access. If you are travelling with a large suitcase or a baby-carriage, good luck squeezing in between all the cars! You may need to scratch a couple of them in the process to get through. I later discovered why all the cars are double-parked and triple-parked.

2. The hotel has 250 rooms, but only about 10 legal parking places. This, however, does not stop the hotel staff from parking more cars around the hotel, blocking fire exits and access routes for guests. The staff demand that you leave your car keys at the reception, so they can shift cars around and allow other drivers to exit. If you refuse to do this, they will go ballistic on you, and threaten that they will call the police. I advise you stay firm and don't give them the keys, especially since I've noticed one of the the guys moving the cars around was putting his shoes on the board of a very expensive Mercedes. Yes, your car can get scratched in the process. Yes, you may not find all your objects inside. And yes, the hotel has no legal liability for any damage to your car. I ended up paying for private parking near the hotel (which can cost an extra 8-15 leva/day), because I refused to give them the car keys, despite them insisting 3 times and even threatening that they will call the police to tow away my car. I discovered later why they are asking for your car keys even when your car is not blocking the access for other drivers: they legally have only 10-ish parking spots assigned, the rest are illegally occupied. If the Fire Department or the Police come to check if the fire safety rules are observed, their employees will quickly move all the "additional" cars elsewhere, to unblock the access routes for guests. Advice: Don't park on the street, as the city administration does tow away cars. Be prepared to pay extra for parking somewhere else, if you don't want hotel staff messing around with your car.

3. Be prepared to be barked instructions at by Reception staff. The staff is generally very rude, and "thank you", "hello", and "please" are not part of their very limited English vocabulary. They will treat you as a criminal and often bark instructions at you, especially when you're breaking their "rules" (such as the parking rule above, but also read further below).

4. Another hotel rule is that you cannot go to their restaurant with a purse or backpack. We've been refused entry twice because we were carrying a small backpack for our 2-year old son. We explained that we need that backpack for the baby, as it contains wet tissues, diapers and water for the baby, but the staff started threatening us that they will take away our food. A British lady was almost denied entry into the restaurant because she carried a big wallet (the kind of wallet that you cannot put in your pocket, but slightly smaller than a purse). I later discovered the reason why they have this rule in place: they are afraid that guests will steal food from the restaurant, hide it in their purses/luggage and secretly take away to their rooms. Which is a totally ridiculous thought, because...

5. Food is really bad. We had a half-board menu. I don't generally mind the lack of variety or options (I'm really ok with just 3 choices of main course), but I expect the food to be decent or even well-cooked. That is not the case at Slavyanski Hotel. Except for a couple of dishes and fruit, most food looked unrecognizable and badly cooked (cheese that looked like plastic, re-cooked processed meat, half-raw eggs, etc.). We gave up eating at the hotel, and went to the restaurants nearby after 3 days. Especially after I discovered human hair in my cheese. Which brings me to the next issue...

6. Hygiene: Table cloths are dirty, the restaurant floor has not been vacuum-cleaned or washed in a while, but employees prefer to spend their time enforcing the "no-bag-in-the-restaurant" rule, instead of making the experience slightly more pleasant for the guests. The hotel rooms are not much better either: the towels were so old, they were falling apart, the bed mattress had stains on it, and the bathroom door was moldy. The bathroom was "basic", to say the least, and the last renovation it has seen was probably during the 1990's.

7. Elevators. One of them was almost constantly broken, another one was regularly getting stuck on the 5th floor (door would not open), while the others followed an algorithm which made you spent at least 5 minutes inside on every trip. (they sometimes go all the way up, even if you want to go to one of the intermediary floors)

8. Service. We had to ask for toilet paper every time we ran out. They didn't take out the garbage from our rooms, so we had to put it out ourselves every day.

9. WiFi internet is a joke. I don't mind a slow connection, but this one would interrupt about every 5 minutes, and you had to wait for another 2-3 minutes to reconnect. Like in the dial-up age, basically!

All in all, a terrible experience made even worse by ill-tempered and rude employees.

The only advantage of this hotel is that it's cheap, but you get what you pay for! (and you end up paying more for parking and food, anyway, because they don't deliver what they promise).

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mariuszah
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We had a gorgeous sea view room at Slavyanski, in a great location, as lovely as the view was we had the joy of Amigos bar bass music blasting into our room all night. First day of going to breakfast a female staff member demanded my purse to take to reception, when I said no I will take it to my room 3 staff members took me out of the restaurant, can't take handbags in the restaurant I later found out incase food Is stolen, not like you would want to steal anything. We went b&b but that was the first and last time we went, pasta and undercooked egg wasn't for us.

Good points - fab location, lovely views, staff were polite although struggled to understand some English.
Bad points - food not made for the English, Noise all night from bars over the road, rooms small and basic, have to pay 5lev each a day for sun loungers, staff work every hour God sends, bedding changed every 7 days changed few days before we got there so was stains on bedding, no entertainment on, the pool is shared between 2 hotels.

Perfect hotel if you want cheap and basic and only want to sleep there!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachelec1
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

The room was very small and basic. Towels were changed after 3 days. You had to pay for sun beds. They were not consistent with charging people. Some people paid and others didn't. It was a shared pool with the hotel next door. Certainly won't go back. Electrics all over the wall looked unsafe.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple