All reviews snack bar exercise equipment sun worshiper cleaned everyday to a good standard towel man hot and cold buffet ice cream towels etc kailan animation team made our holiday last week of august serviced daily large wardrobe bar staff are friendly a lovely place to stay erotic bars soups
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself isn’t great, the food is repetitive and boring and there isn’t much choice. However, the snack bar is the better place to eat where they make fresh pancakes, hot dogs, pizza etc which is much nicer! The pool area is good with a good entertainment team which has activities for kids and adults, most adult games the winner gets a free cocktail. The night life is great whereby the entertainment staff take a group of adults out at night and take you to the strip if you’re there for a party holiday which was very useful. The hotel is very close to the strip and beach, however people visiting this area are very rude, push in front of you etc.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Rossitsa V, Guest Relations Manager at MPM Kalina Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you in our property very soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a very enjoyable 7 day holiday from the kalina gardens. I have read the reviews posted at the same time as our stay and I can honestly say that I was shocked.
The food was plentiful, very tasty and loads of choice. Fish,and 3 or 4 different types of meat dish every day. Pasta chips rice etc something for every taste.
You must try the chocolate pancakes made fresh to order every day in the pool bar. Delicious
The pool was a good size and yes some of the tiles were slippy but we didn’t feel the need to run on them so didn’t fall over or see anyone else get hurt either.
The children’s pool was aimed at the younger children so didn’t need another slide, one was sufficient. We went to the beach most days and returned to the hotel around 3 we managed to find sun loungers really easily.
All the staff we encountered were lovely, from the waitresses, to cleaners and the entertainment staff. All hard working and made our stay memorable. NOT a one was rude to us at all. Most spoke several languages and could understand us perfectly.
We didn’t realise when we booked this holiday that we were right round the corner from a main strip of night life. I feel as though Thomas cook holiday travel agent should have told us this in store. When we arrived we though oh no what have we booked we have made a bad choice here. BUT we didn’t hear any noise from the nightlife at all. A few nights i heard people returning to the hotel but other than that there was silence at night.
The rooms. Four of us stayed in one room, two adults and two children. It wasn’t large but there was plenty of room to sleep and shower. We didn’t spend a lot of time in the room. New towels when needed. ( just leave them in a pile on the floor when you want clean ones) beds made every day. If you want new bedding or the room cleaned there is a sign to hang on the door handle. And fresh bottles of water every day.
The mixture of guests was a good balance between English, Germans, polish Russians and I didn’t feel any one dominated the other.
I would come back here again, and recommend it to others.
Ned at the pool bar and Tania the cleaner for the first floor need a special mention! Wonderful people!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank clare_bsj

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you in our property very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my son and the whole time we were here we were all inclusive. We didn’t eat at the hotel, the food stunk and not a variety of choice. It was all stale and disgusting. The staff couldn’t understand you. The rooms wasnt up to date. Every thing old fashioned. Everything is expensive, even had to pay 30 lev a day just to sit on the beach on a sun lounger. We usually go to turkey and thought we would have a change. Never would I ever come to this country again. Everyone is rude!!!!! At least in turkey they are very welcoming and every thing is cheap or reasonably priced. Absolutely fumin I wasted £2,000 on just hotel and flights.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jennafrancis
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Don't touch with a bargepole full of noisy chavs, poor quality food and just an awful restaurant come canteen, rooms not too bad, air con not up to the job. Pool side music all day, same tunes daily. Poor effort, head for Helena Resort a league apart from this effort.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LincsRichard
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This was our third holiday in Bulgaria over the past 4 years. We usually stay in the grand Hotel sunny beach but fancied a change this year so booked here instead. Big mistake.... Should have stuck with the much more superior grand hotel.
We arrived to the hotel at midnight and were checked in by the lady in reception. She informed us that food had been laid out in the restaurant for us to be able to have a snack before we retired to bed. This, we thought, was a really kind gesture as not many hotels have offered us this in the past. So before we went up to the room we called by the restaurant to take advantage of the snacks offered. There were dog ends of a cheese board and a few scraps of dried up salami on the servery waiting for us. It became obvious that the hotel guests had bet us to our supper and cleared the food that was left for our late arrival. Besides this, even if we did manage to scrape a bit of food together we would have had nowhere to sit, as all the tables were cluttered with huggings of dirty drinks glasses and dirty plates left over from the evening meal I presume. We called it a day and took the kids to bed.
The room was nice and quite spacious. Two single beds pushed together for my husband and I and a sofa bed for the kids, but plenty of room to still be able to walk about the room comfortably.
The following morning we went for breakfast at about 9am. I can only describe the restaurant as a cattle market! Rows and rows of people trying to get to the servery. I did a quick head count of the people in front of me and I got to 32 before my husband distracted my attention. He had instead headed to the island in the middle of the restaurant where the bread and toaster was to make the kids some toast. There was only 4 slices of brown sliced bread left on the whole of the counter. He had managed to grab a chef as he was filling up the other servery to ask for more bread but the chef told him all the bread for today was gone now! It was 9am remember, and breakfast was still being served for another hour! Crackers!! I did manage to finally get to the servery with my 8 year old daughter and we settled for hash browns, beans and a fried egg each. We got sat down and tucked in, feeling rather stressed out with such a busy atmosphere. The food was barely aired and the fried eggs were fridge cold! I took the eggs back as the chef was bringing out a fresh tray. Great I thought.... No, still freezing! I seriously believe the were being brought out of the kitchen having being held in a chiller and put into the servery to warm. Very dodgy.
We ate out at lunch but returned to the restaurant for evening meal. Same fiasco, rubbish cold food, and a half hour queue to fill your plate. We decided not to have a drink with our meal as the queue at the bar was about 20 deep already. This was our last trip to the restaurant for the rest of the week. We preferred to eat at the poolside snack bar instead. Here they were pulling fresh made pizza, serving hot dogs and chicken and had ice cream a plenty. A whole lot less stressful.
The pool..... If you haven't laid a towel on a bed by 8am they you have had it! There are very few beds for the size of the hotel and they are packed in like sardines, so be prepared to get cosy to the party next to you. The pool itself is a lovely size and there is a volleyball net up at all times for the kids to use, which I thought was nice. That's where the niceness ended. The poolside area is a death trap. The floor is decked out in general bathroom tiles. These tiles have a gloss coating to them and are so slippery. I lost count of how many people we saw slip on the poolside. They have also cocked up with the levels of the flooring as the pool water gathers poolside in huge stale puddles and there are no working drains to take the water away. Now and again a guy came out with a squeegee and got rid of the water into the nearby grass patches. The pool does have sun all day though and there are plenty of umbrellas if you like one.
The entertainment..... Pathetic. There is a viewing gallery around the outside stage that seats 90 people to watch whatever the evening entertainment may be. These are fixed plastic chairs on a concrete gallery on 3 levels. If by chance you have a pram or are unsteady in your feet then you can count these out. This was the only seating there was at night, other than that, if the seats were full, and they did fill up quickly with children, you had to sit on the sunbeds around to pool to catch a glimpse of the entertainment. Tell me, who wants to get dressed in nice clothes for evening meal and a few drinks then have to sit on a sunbed and have nowhere to put your drinks?
Our beds didn't get changed all week and although the cleaner came every day, all she did was replenish the loo roll and towels and fold the quilts.
Our biggest bug bear was that 4 nights out of the 7 night we were there, there was no hot running water past 5pm. The shower was freezing. We let reception know but they just took our room number and said they would investigate. It became quite obvious after it kept happening that it was because the feeder tanks were just insufficient. They obviously knew this and were fobbing us off by acting ignorant to it.
The hotel is in a really good spot, and in a couple of minutes you are bang in the middle of all the action of sunny beach.
Overall I'd suggest that you bypass this hotel. The reception staff were particularly rude and liked to roll their eyes at you even when you asked to access you safety deposit box! It seems that English guests are a lot less welcome in this hotel than any other guest and the staff make that quite clear. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family