See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2018

After a few days struggling with beach side restaurants with our GF card and getting very poor choices and quality we tracked down Andrea. We had a bit of a problem finding the Villa as its tucked away up a hill.

We were greeted by a very helpful young lady who spoke excellent english, Such a tranquil and quiet surrounding. The food was amazing and I really can't fault anything. The true homemade pizzas were the best I've had. My daughter who is a fussy eater devoured her dinner. Impressed with the quantity too and they kindly gave us a doggy bag. If your a ceolaic or on a GF diet then don't miss this. Even if your not then the food is top notch. Make a reservation as they are a small family place and would be good form to give some notice if your a large group

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one week during the recent school holidays. It was very quiet as it was the first week of opening for the season so we received the best possible service. The surroundings of the hotel are stunning, the gardens have the most beautiful flowers and plants.

The main reason for staying here was the fact that our young son (aged 4) has coeliac disease and has to be on a strict gluten free diet. This place is heaven for people with allergies. Everything is homemade and the food is delicious. This does mean that sometimes you have to wait for it especially in the evening which with a young child can be a little tricky but the waitress was brilliant with our son keeping him entertained.

We hired a car so we could get around and visited nearby Nesebar several times. Sveti Vlas beach is also nice and a bit quieter than Sunny Beach. Sunny Beach has the usual attractions with a sprawl of large hotels. I am sure it gets very busy in the peak of the summer. We preferred to head to Sveti Vlas as it has a nice marina area and just has a nicer feel.

The pool area is spotless with lots of sun loungers and seats in the shade. The playroom is great for children under the age of 7. There is also a trampoline as well as an outdoor play area so again perfect for small children.

Our room was on the top floor, very comfortable beds with lovely views from 2 balconies. There is also swinging bench to sit on which was lovely after dinner in an evening.

Our only minor complaint was the room got too light in the morning as there was only a net curtain. I think this is due to the awkward shape of the windows as we were in the roof. Our son’s room was fine.

The bathroom had a washing machine in it which again was very handy and the clothes dried in no time.

Galina the owner is so helpful and really understands how hard it is to eat out and go on holiday when you have coeliac disease. I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to not worry or ask about gf options which we constantly have to do! To be able to share food and not worry was a major plus for us.

Bourgas airport is around a 30-40 minute drive away and car hire is very reasonably priced in Bulgaria as are most things! I bought a beach bag at £2.50, the same item in the UK would be at least £15.

Thank you Galina and all the staff for making us feel so welcome. We really hope to come back!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LindaH078
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with family for a reunion and we all loved it. Relaxing for me, my wife and kids & extended family, we all had a great time.

This place is better than a 2 star hotel, its perhaps 3+ but its niche, so i suppose its difficult to categorise?

Not sure what's going on with the Bulgarian hotel star system, but anyway, i digress!

The room we had was perfect for our needs; Spacious, clean, with washing machine dishwasher, safe, double sink, big shower, beautiful calming sea view balcony, ac unit, kids separate room which gave us privacy, etc.

The owners seem like good people and it is a family owned business, so it has that nice feel, if you know what i mean.

The food is excellent. My nieces have celiac disease, hence, one of the main reasons to stay here, but, we all genuinely enjoyed the food, even those of us who don't have celiac.

Really nice play areas for the kids & other guests were nice too.

Two small annoyances but minor: There were wasps flying around constantly when you eat. They should probably to do something about that.

Also, would've been nice to have had some help lugging the suitcases up the stairs!

Its not 'cheap', like so many other mass touristy places in BG, but, then it isn't mass touristy. Its classy for the area in my opinion and is good value for money, so happy days.

Otherwise, very pleased with our stay and i commend this boutique gluten free hideaway. Well done and keep up the good work. We will see you again, im sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Al F
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Besr: Quality food choices for our family. The nice biscuit cake flavors are not a taste one would ordinarily know. The salmon was traditionally cooked but was better than most I have had (which is saying something). The salads and cheeses were fresh. The potatoes and fries were cooked with butter - too fatty and not crisp enough I thought. The veal and pork were traditionally flavored and really nice.

Worst: Hard to find even with google maps. Ah, and pricey too....$$$$

Summary: Finally, a celiac friendly restaurant that gets an eval on food quality and not on gluten absence.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 358an
326galinaa, General Manager at Villa Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for your detailed review! It is very useful! You are always welcome again!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I stayed for 5 days at Villa Andrea and it was a delightful experience. The rooms, the courtyard and all the other places are very clean and nicely designed. My favourite part was the food as I am a celiac and the gluten free food was a total bliss. I definitely recommend this place for all those that want to feel spoiled though their gluten free diet. Thanks for making this possible!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Roxana! Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure. You are always welcome again!