We just returned from a 1 week holiday at the Ranweli Holiday Village. The hotel is only a few km from the airport, but will take you around half an hour to get there.
We booked a deluxe room (bungalow). The room was very spacious, featuring a large bed (with a very good mattress), hotel safe, small sitting area, large bathroom, terrace with terrace & lounge seating, tea & coffee making facilities, small fridge, airco, etc.
We took the all-inclusive option. Food was excellent and a lot of variety every day (cold food, hot dishes, plenty of fresh fruit, cocktails, etc). Wine is not included in the all inclusive, but you can order some great wines for around 20 euro / bottle.
We had a very relaxing stay!
- Wi-fi is only available in the main building. Would be good to have it in the bungalows as well. (when we arrived at the airport I bought a data sim card with 1GB of data for just $5, excellent 3G coverage at the Ranweli resort)
- Athony (the guy that runs a restaurant, shop, etc at the entrance of the resort) was every day on the beach to sell tours, etc. A bit annoying to be honest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranweli Holiday Village is an eco-friendly resort located on a 22-acre peninsula where mangrove forests and winding rivers converge to meet the sea. Located only 18 kms from Colombo's International Airport, Ranweli is the perfect base to explore the fascinating history, culture and nature of Sri Lanka. The hotel is on Waikkal Beach & provides bungalows & rooms with a private bathroom. The resort has an outdoor pool and its own restaurant & bar. Each bungalow / room is air-conditioned, has a safe, sitting area and telephone. The attached bathroom includes a hot/cold shower. Guests can enjoy a beach volleyball, billiards or table tennis at Ranweli. Water activities such as paddle boating, canoeing and kayaking are available. Ranweli is able to organize boat rides and bird watching tours. You can experience multi-cuisine dishes at the buffets of the resort's restaurant & a variety of liquor is served at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ranweli Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranweli Holiday Village Waikkal
- Ranweli Holiday Village Hotel Waikkal
- Ranweli Holiday Village Sri Lanka/Waikkal