We went to Ranweli on a 9 day split holiday and we absolutely loved it. The first room wasn't too good for us even though it was a deluxe so for the 2nd stay we asked to be in our original room - 125 which was lovely. The food is excellent and the chef's are extremely accommodating. This really is a hassle free holiday. The only drawback to the standard rooms are there are no tea facilities and you have to pay $5 per day for them. We asked for a kettle as conveniently I had bought teabags in Kandy and the hotel were happy to do this without charge. I also needed to leave some flowers at the church. The reception staff arranged for a boy to pick them, put them in a container in water and when the time came I carried them across. The service here is unobtrusive but always there. We didn't have a good time with Anthony and Neel but I did mention to the hotel that as we've come on a package, we don't expect them to be touting for business. They are both unregistered as tour guides and I cannot believe their equipment is checked (I say that as on our way out we saw the boat broken down and the skipper desperately trying to get it started again). The best part of this holiday was the food, we looked forward to it every day and the chef's make a point of coming round to see you and there's always a senior kitchen staff (either Executive or Sous chef's) member around. The salads were fresh and the lettuce leaves crunchy, no one got food poisoning and we went into the kitchen to have a look around and it was spotless. Any chef in the UK would be proud to have a kitchen this clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, the staff are friendly from the gardeners, beach clearing ladies, room boys and everyone else. The other advantage is that we had already paid for this before we came out so we didn't spend any money either. Can't wait to book for 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranweli Holiday Village is an eco-friendly resort located on a 22-acre peninsula where mangrove forests and winding rivers converge to meet the sea. Located only 18 kms from Colombo's International Airport, Ranweli is the perfect base to explore the fascinating history, culture and nature of Sri Lanka. The hotel is on Waikkal Beach & provides bungalows & rooms with a private bathroom. The resort has an outdoor pool and its own restaurant & bar. Each bungalow / room is air-conditioned, has a safe, sitting area and telephone. The attached bathroom includes a hot/cold shower. Guests can enjoy a beach volleyball, billiards or table tennis at Ranweli. Water activities such as paddle boating, canoeing and kayaking are available. Ranweli is able to organize boat rides and bird watching tours. You can experience multi-cuisine dishes at the buffets of the resort's restaurant & a variety of liquor is served at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ranweli Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranweli Holiday Village Waikkal
- Ranweli Holiday Village Hotel Waikkal
- Ranweli Holiday Village Sri Lanka/Waikkal