“Always a great time!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I have eaten at the Mexican village over 100 times. It's food is delicious. The service is great. The atmosphere is so fun. Management will come around and check on you to make sure that you are enjoying your meal. It's been in Grand Forks for many years and does very well. Your meal is prepared well and timely! I would recommend the Mexican village!!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I have reviewed Mexican Village many times. It is my favorite place in Grand Forks. The food is reasonable (much better than the one down the street) and always sooooooooo good. The chips and sauce are delicious. I had my usual beef burrito on the 1st visit and it came out piping hot loaded with cheese and that delicious brown gravy. Only $6.59 at lunch. The "place" down the street is pricier and the gravy they tried to copy from the Mexican Village is not as flavorful and is watery. On the 2nd visit i had an enchilada dish that was layered corn tortillas and beef covered with that wonderful gravy and cheese. Absolutely the best Mexican food anywhere.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My parents met at the Mexican Village in the early 70's, so I've grown up eating here. The food has always been consistent and the staff always friendly. The atmosphere is pretty basic, but the service is fast. They offer free chips and salsa and the entree prices are fair.

Top Tip: For those who don't enjoy Mexican food there is a selection of chicken/burgers.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I was reading some of the bad reviews for this place and none of them made sense. I live in Florida where we have some of the "best" Mexican food around and every time I go to North Dakota I eat at Mexican Village at least twice - this trip was 3 times in 9 days. The place is always busy and i cannot understand how they rank 70 of 135 restaurants, especially looking at some that are listed above them, but I feel this is the best. The food is inexpensive, the service is quick and attentive, and the food is delicious. The burrito for lunch at $6 and change is huge, the gravy is seasoned perfectly and is covered in melted cheese. The sauce is not chunky salsa, but a well flavored sauce.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love Mexican Village. It's our go to place for a relaxed meal. Prices are great and staff is great. The nachos are delicious and the Chicken Tortilla soup is my favorite. Decor is a bit outdated but other than that no complaints.