“Older hotel but confortable”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Hotel was large and spread out. The room was not exceptionally big but were clean with decent television and Internet access. The restaurant served good food.

• Stayed: September 2011
Bernie E, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you for staying with us. Our staff looks forward to seeing you again. We are constantly upgrading our hotel. New wall paper in the sleeping rooms. 32" flat screen tv's. Our Chef is always keeping our menus fresh.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Fargo

Reviewed 19 September 2011

May I recommend the Doublewood Inn if you are traveling to the Fargo-Moorehead area. It is conveniently located to all major attractions -- right off Interstate 29. I stayed two nights. I really enjoyed dinner in the dining room and highly recommend the seafood bisque-- its excellent. Nice bar on location with fantastic patio. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Doublewood was a great value all the way around.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to taking care of you on your next visit. We pride ourselves on our customer service.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

The room was so smelly, bugs in the room, there was rotten food in the fridge. I told the staff the morning at check out and they could of cared less about the condition of the room. Very dated, the room must have been a smoking room at one time because the ceiling was so yellowed and very dirty. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here in May of 2011 for a weekday business trip. I had previously stayed at this property 16 years ago for other business, but it had been that long since I had been back. Not a lot has changed at this hotel. It looks like they had done some remodeling inside the hotel, but the rooms looked practically the same. It is your typical Best Western with conference facilities and a restaurant on site. The front desk was attentive to our needs. The hotel has a pool and the front desk will give you a guest pass to the fitness facility which is around the loop in the back of the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located next to Hooters, which shut down the bar at 11:00pm on us. The hotel also has its own bar which we found to be nice but expensive. The hotel is across the interstate from the West Acres mall, so any shopping you want to do would have to be done by car. There are also restaurants within walking distance of the hotel like Arby’s and the Green Mill. I would revisit this location again, but would consider a hotel closer to the Mall if pricing were not a factor.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I hate to write a bad report on this Fargo hotel, as it's my hometown and I want to support them, but I feel I must write this review. I just returned from a weekend stay at the Doublewood Inn in Fargo, ND. The room was quite musty and unfortunately, right by an external door to the east parking lot (Room # 176), so I could hear everyone coming and going. This room is also right across from their banquet rooms, so if there's a wedding dance going on, you might as well attend the dance as the music is nearly as loud in the room as it would be in the dance. I finally had to go to my car to get earplugs as I could not sleep between the wedding dance and the external door. I did ask at the front desk if they had another room but I was told that the hotel was "fully booked."

The room was also in some disrepair and it was not clean. The door knob (handle) came off the door when I first arrived so I had to go to the front desk to report this. A maintenance man came and rigged the door so I could get in, but told me that he didn't have a wrench to fix the door. It never did get fixed. The phone didn't work and the room was not as clean as I would expect.

When I checked out today, the front desk staff didn't even ask, "How was your stay?" They didn't even greet me when I approached the desk. All they wondered is if I needed a receipt and that was it. I did tell them again of the issues and they said, "We're sorry..." They certainly didn't try to "make it right."

If you have a family and want to take the kids swimming and don't care a whole lot about a great hotel, this place would work. If you want a decent experience, go elsewhere. I will not be returning!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Fargo hotels
0.4 km away
2.2 km away
Staybridge Suites Fargo
1.5 km away
Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo

Been to Ramada Fargo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Fargo

Address: 3333 13th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103-3404 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Fargo)
Region: United States > North Dakota > Fargo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Casino Hotel in Fargo
Price Range: €60 - €109 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Fargo 3*
Baymont Inn and Suites Fargo is situated 5 miles from downtown. A total of 14,500 square feet of flexible meeting space is all conveniently located on one level and is able to accommodate groups of five to 1,200. The hotel is a few minutes away from both North Dakota State University and Moorhead State University, making it ideal for guests visiting students. Located just minutes from West Acres Mall as well. Families with children will especially enjoy spending the day at the Children's Museum or visiting Yunker Farm or Bonanzaville. Browse through the Archies West Gallery and Heritage Hjemkomst and then spend the evening at the Fargo Symphony. Other nearby attractions include the Plains Art Museum and Trollwood Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Fargo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Fargo Doublewood Hotel Fargo