“Lots of chocolate!”

Widman's Candy Shop
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Fargo
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for specialty chocolates, custom tins, and a good selection of homemade goodies - this is your place.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Widman's Candy Shop was a must do while in Fargo. We were not disappointed! The young lady behind the counter was just as delightful as the candy in the cases! She was friendly, attentive and eager to help. We sampled several selections (the dill pickle was my least favorite) and left with several packages of the variety of chippers. They traveled well on the plane on our trip home and I plan to order more to be shipped for Christmas gifts. If you love chocolate and are in the Fargo area, you really need to visit Carol Widman's!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Stop and get the chippers. Dark chocolate ones are the best. There caramels are also great. Its a little spendy but it is a specialty chocolate shop and well worth splurging on.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We went to Carol Widman's for a treat for my boys and birthday treats for a family members birthday at exactly 1855 and the open sign was on. I got to the door after shuffling my nine month old daughter and two young boys out of the car and they shut the light off. The door was open so we walked in. I had five staff members standing there glaring at us without a single word. I get that you are anxious and don't want to deal with customers five minutes before close but not even a simple "sorry, we are closed" is absolutely rude. I even said "hello" and they didn't say anything back. Never have I felt so unwelcome and uncomfortable. My seven year old even remarked "it's like they don't know how to speak". We walked out because I was beyond frustrated and felt pushed out. I really hope their manager steps up to the plate and weeds out staff because we really want to love this place.

2  Thank Princess R
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I love stopping here at Carol Widman's Candy. They have wonderful fresh candy and they even offer a free sample with purchase.

Been to Widman's Candy Shop? Share your experiences!