“Best chocolates and candies in the midwest”

Widman's Candy Shop
Ranked #3 of 12 Dessert in Fargo
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Reviewed 10 March 2016

You must try the chocolate covered potato chips - may sound weird but they are fabulous. All of their treats are wonderful.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

Everything in this store is amazing. The Chippers are what are particularly wonderful, and they are what made the store famous. Chippers are chocolate covered rippled potato chips and they are worth a trip to the store.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

I went to Widmans for some chocolate for my wife a few days before Christmas. I asked for a two pound box of assorted chocolate. They said they don't have any. I asked for a one pound box of assorted chocolate. They said they didn't have any. I pointed at the wall where they have the boxes and prices. I said you advertise them right there. The clerk told me I could pick out candy from the counter and she would put it in the box. I asked her if she could just put an assortment of two pounds of chocolate in the box. She said no. I told her that she just lost a longtime customer. She had no response. I sent them a letter and got no response. Very lousy service. I will spend my money at other candy stores who respect the customer.

1  Thank Sergeant57
Reviewed 10 December 2014

After reading all the comments about Widman's famous Chippers, I made a beeline for the unassuming little candy shop when I arrived in Fargo.

While the reception was very friendly and the chocolate delicious, Chippers just don't live up to the hype.

The reason? Too much chocolate, too little potato chip. While there is the faint sense of the chips' crunch, there is so much thick (delicious) chocolate (milk, dark or white) that it overwhelms the salty, crunchy potato chip that it is meant to contrast with.

Allowing the chip to be equal in taste and texture with the chocolate coating will allow this to be a great, guilty pleasure. Otherwise it's really just a piece of slightly crunchy chocolate.

1  Thank davidrA3168AF
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I just so happen to run into this place while stuck in Fargo coming home from a business trip. I was pleasantly surprised!

Been to Widman's Candy Shop? Share your experiences!