2,478 results
All reviews pool bar tile floors balcony room beach chairs breakfast buffet grounds are beautiful sound side ocean view great beach wrightsville balconies valet accommodations conference carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2016

This was an easy and relaxing family vacation, despite rain from remnants of tropical storm Bonnie. Beautiful beach, lovely facility, very clean and comfortable with excellent staff and great accommodations.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ashley P, Assistant Front Office Manager at Blockade Runner Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

We are so glad you enjoyed your relaxing and comfortable vacation at the Blockade Runner despite the rain. We hope your next stay with us will have more sunshine!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I'm giving it a 3 only because of the view/location and what it could be if they cared more. I lived a mile from here for two years and frequently recommended it because of the restaurant experiences we had and the view but weren't actually staying.

From a greatly delayed check in & the staff member who trying to fix it checking out for the day with out a word forcing one of the valet guys to jump in, to a broken coffee pot that flooded a counter of toiletries, to getting stuck in an elevator as the bent metal frame screeched each time it closed so I'd have to assist it,...to on going construction leaving bare wires and tools laying around the outdoor pool area to turned over furniture on the lawn (concrete pot) the problems were never ending. I was even "sold" a particular and not cheap entrée for dinner only to have them come back 10 minutes later saying that was no longer available - pick again - guests at the bar were joking about how bad things were as half of them were down there not to eat but get WIFI signal as it too didn't work reliably in the rooms - something promised before check in.

But none of this is the bad part, instead it was my three attempts & waste of time both in person and via email to point things out in a professional fashion asking for help. I even escalated to desk managers and GM documenting everything for them before some got hurt or sued. While I got some lip service agreeing that all these things were unacceptable, not once did anyone offer a discount, refund,...nothing ! The owner even lives on site - unreal,......its as though they have given up ! I feel sorry for the younger (college aged) staff who acknowledged these things but looked helpless to do anything other than refer me to the people who did not in fact help and they know who they are.

Too bad - sell it and get someone in who cares and wants to take it back to its glory days - I fear this family will let it die on the vine and then dump it to the highest bidder - after this experience, it can only happen fast enough.

Room tip: call ahead, read my review and verify all these things have been repaired
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2016

You can't go wrong at the Blockade Runner. From the location,right on the beach, to the service level you could not ask for any better. This was my 4th year conducting our convention there and they just keep making my group wanting to come back. As a matter of fact we are planning for next year already.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your loyalty and kind words. It is always our pleasure to ensure that we exceed every expectation your group has. We look forward to hosting your convention for many more years to come!

Ashley

Reviewed 2 June 2016

The Blockade Runner is our favorite hotel in the Wilmington area. The staff are excellent, the food is quite good and the location is superb. I would highly recommend this hotel during season and off season.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2016

We love the hotel and staff but the condition of the mattresses will force us to seek accommodations elsewhere. At this price point comfortable beds should not be an issue. The lack of sleep did put a damper on our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple