“A little slice of Heaven”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Winston Salem - University
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The bed! A white fluffy cloud of soft luscious comfort! I fell asleep before my feet left the floor! What makes a good day more than a wonderful nights sleep?? Then there was the bathroom with huge mirror back-lit for better reflection. The tub was a soaker-so deep and filled with hot water- it took all the weariness of travel and melted it away. I loved this place and cannot wait to go back again soon!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Josh R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Winston Salem - University, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear terrygJ6188AS,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you loved the beds and tub! Our beds are the BEST!

We look forward to having you with us again when your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We travel frequently in business and are accustomed to asking the hotel to put dining charges on a debit card and the rest on the room business cards. Sometimes we have to make a correction, but that's typically a simple phone call. Well Sonya, the same employee who made the error put me on hold for eight minutes after I explained the problem. She then blamed the restaurant for the additional $91 charged to my debit card and said they would have to call me back. She hung up as I was explaining how those charges appeared on my account. The restaurant manager called swiftly and although they are separate from the hotel she worked to resolve it along with the Diamond member. After her investigation they agreed to refund my debit card and apply the charges to a business card. I was upset that Sonya had hung up on us several times but decided to let it go until an additional $15 charge showed up from the hotel the next day. Now we are being told it take 3 to 5 business days to refund the $91 and no one is there to explain this latest $15 charge...I have never had this experience with a Hilton. I am probably going to have to cancel my debit card which will complicate my world tremendously. Any advice?

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Hey Antionette K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at our hotel. I know that we have already spoken and I appreciate your understanding.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Check in was super easy. The cookies that I got upon checking in are to die for. Hotel room was immaculate and well decorated. I would stay here very time time I’m in town. We didn’t make it to the Providence restaurant, but the reviews were very good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear 39coriw,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your cookies!!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

had a reservation for my wedding night and the staff really made my day, I came back to the hotel after the wedding and they had flowers and lights all over our room, my bride was very happy and made our night very special

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 686fadya,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and are so happy that our staff were able to help make your wedding night special!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Location is always a good source to picking hotels. When it comes with a great environment like this... hotel gym, bar, in-room dining. Rooms are nicely furnished and arranged. great sleep bed. Winner right here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jimmy C,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the amenities.