The bed! A white fluffy cloud of soft luscious comfort! I fell asleep before my feet left the floor! What makes a good day more than a wonderful nights sleep?? Then there was the bathroom with huge mirror back-lit for better reflection. The tub was a soaker-so deep and filled with hot water- it took all the weariness of travel and melted it away. I loved this place and cannot wait to go back again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated near Wake Forest University, DoubleTree by Hilton Winston-Salem University is easily accessible from Hwy 52 and I-40. The Sara Lee Soccer Complex, BB&T Ballpark, Winston-Salem State University, and Salem College are all within a short drive. Corporate guests will appreciate our close proximity to area businesses, including Blue Cross & Blue Shield of North Carolina, Hanes Brand, BE Aerospace, Wilco-Hess, Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital and Forsyth Medical Center. Discover lots of attractions nearby; visit historic Old Salem or explore the many vineyards and wineries in the area. Spend an educational day out at SciWorks, shop at Hanes Mall, or for a more authentic experience, explore the vibrant downtown arts district. You will be welcomed with a warm signature DoubleTree cookie at check-in. The eclectic, contemporary decor of our hotel celebrates the arts and innovation for which Winston-Salem is known. Each of our 150 stylish guest rooms feature complimentary WiFi, a 42” TV, a mini-refrigerator, a large desk, and much more. Take advantage of complimentary amenities at our hotel, including a 24-hour fitness center and business center, an outdoor pool with fire pit, and complimentary WiFi in all public areas. Sip cocktails and savor American classics at Providence Restaurant and Bar - open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, for either dine-in or delivery to your room. With seven meetings rooms and over 5,000 sq. ft. of event space, our hotel is ideal for events ranging from corporate board meetings to more intimate social functions like anniversaries and weddings. Highlights Contemporary Winston-Salem hotel, just off Highway 52 and I-40 Minutes from Wake Forest University Close to historic Old Salem, shopping, dining, university campuses and sports grounds 6,000 sq.ft. meeting space and a complimentary 24-hour business center Complimentary cftness center and indoor swimming pool What to do around here Boasting an ideal location moments from Wake Forest University, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Winston Salem – University, offers easy access to Highway 52 and I-40. Discover boutiques, tempting restaurants and bustling bars in downtown Winston-Salem. Take the kids for a fun, educational day out at SciWorks – an interactive science museum and planetarium. Learn about early American history in the unique Moravian settlement of Salem. Visit the Old Salem Museum and stroll around the award-winning gardens, which blend beauty, practicality and utility. Catch a tennis match or baseball game at BB&T Field and discover striking modern sculptures and paintings at the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Arts. Golf enthusiasts will appreciate our Winston-Salem, NC hotel’s close proximity to numerous beautiful golf courses, including Pine Brook Country Club, the Old Town Club and Reynolds Park Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Winston Salem - University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winston - Salem - University Parkway Hotel Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Holiday Inn