All reviews room was clean hanes mall the hotel is pet friendly holiday inn high point market very nice stay only stayed one night would stay again great place to stay coffee maker outdoor pool king bed enjoyed my stay oldie hospital microwave faucet
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Staying in Winston-Salem was a last minute decision because my children were tired of being in the truck.we attempted to get a room at five other hotels before we were told to try here.

The fact that this hotel had rooms available when no other hotel did should have been a clue to just keep driving. My wife reserved the hotel on my credit card fifteen minutes before our arrival because the front desk said they only had three rooms left.

We pulled into the complex and found your typical 1980's style hotel complex with multiple two story buildings. When checking in the front desk was friendly enough. We were told we were in building 2 with an outside entrance so we needed to drive around to the outside of that building.

We unpacked all of our children and luggage and carried it upstairs to the room door. Neither of the keys worked to open the door. My wife walked back to the front desk to get new keys while I stood outside the room door with my four children. I work in public safety so I am used to dealing with unfamiliar areas but not with my children with me. While waiting on my wife to return with a key that would work I watched two separate men in nothing but shorts drinking beer and smoking weed two doors down from where we were standing. Obviously not something that I wanted my kids around but we had already paid and had been unsuccessful in finding any rooms but this one.

When my wife returned she said the the front desk told her that there was nothing wrong with the room keys but she would have to keep her cell phone and mine at leather 3 feet from the door when opening it with the keys because electronic devices interfere with the door. I have stayed in hotels for 30 years and NEVER heard of or had this issue before. So after walking 5 feet away from the door with four cell phones my wife was able to get one of the cads to work and open the door.

The room was OK but three out of four available outlets did not work and only one out of two lamps had working bulbs in them. The bathroom was clean but old. The shower head only worked about half way.

We stayed and slept for seven hours and left as soon as we got up because the room and the hotel was not someplace we wanted to spend anymore tell than we had to.

Four days after our stay I checked my bank account and the hotel had double charged me for the room. I called the hotel and the girl I spoke with stated that she did not know why that happened but the hotel had noticed it and already reversed one of charges but it takes two days for the money to be returned to the account. Obviously this was not true because if the had noticed then they money would have been returned before I checked my account four days later. She did send me an email confirmation for the return of the money dated the same date and time that I called the hotel to report the problem and not two days prior.

I would recommend that you just keep driving if this is the only hotel in Winston-Salem that had rooms available. L

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2016

The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and daily maintenance is very good. The breakfast is plentiful, well maintained, fresh, and the area is clean. The pool is clean and it helps to have complimentary towels.

Room Tip: Ask for location you prefer
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on way to MB. Warm evening, left door open as smell was a little stale. Close to mall where we picked up quick dinner. Included breakfast was ok, which was fine as we wanted to get going. Big bathroom, beds were ok. Outdoor pool was closed but we got there late. I picked this hotel as it was highly rated and I went out of my way to stay here, but I should have stayed closer to the main highway.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I was in WS on a week that was very busy with a convention. It was hard to get a room, so I had to settle on this hotel. It was your average run of the mill hotel with outdoor rooms. Inside was clean but very much in need of updating, with patched holes, scuffed walls, a cigarette burn in the comforter, that type of thing. I didn't feel as though it was dirty, just a run down hotel. The people were very nice and accommodating, just know you're not going to be staying in a nice hotel with amenities.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Was here for business, client reserved. This place generally doesn't feel safe. The door shuts without a good seal so not only did the cold air from outside come in but smell from the folks outside smoking cigarettes and weed would travel into my room as well. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but you can hear everything your neighbors are doing. And not that it's the hotel's fault for this, but groups of teens or kids were outside yelling and knocking into stuff outside the room at 1am. I'm not sure a change of rooms would have fixed any of these issues.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business