US$183
US$135
Hampton.com
Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
US$214
All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast ladyenjoyed my stayfridge and microwavecomplimentary breakfastphillipschannels
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I wanted to give the manager the opportunity to respond to my issues with this hotel, but finding him unavailable after numerous phone calls, he has left me no choice. I checked in late on 10/13/17. The check-in went smoothly but the counter person forgot to charge me for my dog. I reminded her that I had a dog and requested the bill be adjusted to include the dog fee. I went to my room and put some of my things inside. I then discovered that my key card no longer worked. A trip back to the lobby for new cards, which also did not work. A maintenance person came down and determined that the batteries in the card reader needed to be changed, told me he was going to go eat and would be back in about 30 minutes! What! I could flip the security lock to keep the door ajar while I took the rest of my items inside, but I could not leave because either my room would be unsecured or I could not get back in. An hour plus later and no one had come to fix the card reader. I called the front desk who gave me some excuse about the maintenance man saying that I had told them it was fine and I would just pick up new key cards in the morning. How was that going to help when the batteries in the reader were dead TV had no signal and the remote didn't work. Another call to the front desk and the maintenance man came down and fixed that problem. The next morning I discovered that the spout on the coffee pot was broken off - no glass anywhere - so how did a cleaning person not notice and have it replaced? Also, the faucet in the sink is plumbed backwards - hot is cold water and cold is hot water. This could be a safety issue for someone with children. I reported all of this upon check-out on 10/15/17 and was told I would need to talk to the manager. I would have happily done that if he was ever available. I feel that I did the right thing by insisting that they add the charge for my dog. I wish they would do the right thing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The evening clerk Phyllis was very helpful. She gave us the Booking.com rate and accommodated us in giving us a 1st floor room. She gave us directions on good restaurants nearby. Very friendly. The rooms could be updated but were clean. The beds were very comfortable as well as the pillows. The breakfast was good. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

First stay here.

The room was well stocked and clean. It has a 32/36" flat screen tv with HBO/Showtime and other channels. Free Wifi. Microwave, mini refridgerator, coffeemaker, iron board, room safe, central air/heat that works well.

There is a complimentary breakfast that includes fresh cooked waffles you make yourself, boiled eggs, sausage, yogurt, slice cheese, fruits, cereals, bagels and breads, juice, milk and coffee.

The workers did a wonderful job keeping the area stocked with all the people coming in.

We stayed in room#106. It was quiet and I was so thankful for that. Even with all the people there who were going to the GNR concert, it was still quiet. So even the customers there were good. :-)

Only thing was....there were knats. In the bathroom, and getting on us while we were lying down on the bed. ? We finally got the ones in the bedroom area to leave...somewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

The room was nice and the staff was nice but the over charged my card. I have a copy of how much I paid for the room which was $88.26. They ended up charging me over $100. I will not be staying there again unless I am refunded the difference in the amount. Very displeased with the over charging of my card this is unacceptable

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation while traveling. Just looking for a place to spend the night. Check in went fine but rooms were not good. So small and cramped that you could barely get to the chair at the table. Had to turn sideways to walk between the bed and tv to get to the bathroom. Sheets and towels were low grade. Not filthy but not super clean either. Did not try the breakfast buffet but looked pretty standard. Room was way too expensive for what you get.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family