All reviews cookies and milk wine and cheese cotton mill old salem exposed brick old mill resident cat high ceilings hotel cat before bedtime charming hotel lovely courtyard lots of character visitor center huge room historic building chain hotels
Reviewed 15 October 2018

The Brookstown Inn is absolutely beautiful. The inn has a homey feel to it, much unlike corporate chain hotels. It is charming and the service is outstanding. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are like mini apartments and there was no noise like in other hotels. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shauk10076
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

It was wonderful as usual. Just because it was available, they upgraded me from a room with single bed to their executive suite, free of charge. There are always two courtesy bottles of water in the rooms. There wasn’t, so I went to purchase two at the front desk. I was questioned as to whether I knew there are two complimentary bottles in my room and when I said I had been to the room and couldn’t find them, I was given the two bottles no questions asked. I then walked across the street to pick up a carry out meal. When I returned to my room I discovered there was no silverware or napkin provided. The hotel took care of me. It had been a long and tiring day and I was so grateful. The bed and pillows are incredibly comfortable and I wish I had a bed and pillows at home that I sleep on so well. In the morning when walking from my building to the main one for breakfast, Sally Cat followed me so I could let her in for her breakfast, too. I adore Sally Cat. And I always appreciate the cookies and milk before bed. I only want to stay at Brookstown Inn when I’m traveling there to visit/drop off/pick up my daughter at UNCSA. Good food is nearby and Brookstown Inn is clean and comfy with courteous staff.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cklaboe
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Nice quiet hotel within walking distance of downtown restaurants and watering holes. Our stay was in a fourth floor room which was very private and quiet. Very large room and bathroom. One note- the elevator only goes to the third floor so if you can’t walk up one flight of stairs, ask for a room on one of the first three floors.
Very helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray G
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

It was our first visit to the Brookstown, but it won’t be out last. Excellent service, beautiful inn. A unique experience with friendly, consciencious staff who went above and beyond! Thanks especially to Aaron at the front desk for special care!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke C
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying in this hotel. Each stay has been very comfortable - the rooms are clean and large with good beds and a nice living area, and a spacious bathroom. The location is at Old Salem, slightly off from downtown but most, of not all people drive and WS is not a large city. Overall, I will recommend as a good stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business