“Good food and Service, Prices Reasonable”

Cagneys' Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #85 of 697 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 16 November 2017

My wife and I have been going to Cagney's at Cloverdale Shopping Center in Winston Salem NC for several years. The cooks are very good and creating the dishes with a solid line of quality and consistently. Every time I order the mushroom swiss burger it arrives fairly quickly, hot with fresh toppings (even the tomatoes are good). I get potato salad instead of fies which is always good.

My wife gets the pop corn shrimp, baked potato and salad. Her meal is also well prepared and fresh, out fast with quality shrimp, actually better than most seafood restaurants in town.

We have also enjoyed good service from the wait staff on almost all of our visits. Of course, with any restaurant, there off nights or issues with staffing from time to time. but it is the exception, not the rule.

We will continue to return to Cagney's

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Went to pick up call in and got back to my workplace and was missing part of my order. Called back down to Cagneys and the person on the phone said (O I forgot to put it in the bag). I asked if they could bring it to me as I was just up the street from them. She replied (no, they didn't have anyone there to do that.) I just hung up on her. Rest assured they don't forget to charge you though. Customer service definitely not their strong point. Maybe next time, I'll patronize a different restaurant. It happened on the morning of October 30, 2017.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, great specials, great service. Love the variety of the menu. Was greeted immediately and food served fairly quickly piping hot.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

In the past few years, the service here has been more miss than hit. If you are a twice a week or more often regular, you can expect great service. However, if you visit once a month or less, you might or might not get good service. It is sadly not uncommon to see a half dozen of the staff standing at the counter chatting or on their phones, leaving customers sitting as much as ten minutes without even a greeting. The food isn't good enough to make up for the crappy service. Don't expect to be offered drink refills until you're ready to leave.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Love the down home cooking and southern hospitality! Prices are great and you will not leave hungry! Service is like back in the day when your business was appreciated. Will absolutely recommend!