“Better check your to go order”

Cagneys' Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #85 of 709 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Went to pick up call in and got back to my workplace and was missing part of my order. Called back down to Cagneys and the person on the phone said (O I forgot to put it in the bag). I asked if they could bring it to me as I was just up the street from them. She replied (no, they didn't have anyone there to do that.) I just hung up on her. Rest assured they don't forget to charge you though. Customer service definitely not their strong point. Maybe next time, I'll patronize a different restaurant. It happened on the morning of October 30, 2017.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, great specials, great service. Love the variety of the menu. Was greeted immediately and food served fairly quickly piping hot.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

In the past few years, the service here has been more miss than hit. If you are a twice a week or more often regular, you can expect great service. However, if you visit once a month or less, you might or might not get good service. It is sadly not uncommon to see a half dozen of the staff standing at the counter chatting or on their phones, leaving customers sitting as much as ten minutes without even a greeting. The food isn't good enough to make up for the crappy service. Don't expect to be offered drink refills until you're ready to leave.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Love the down home cooking and southern hospitality! Prices are great and you will not leave hungry! Service is like back in the day when your business was appreciated. Will absolutely recommend!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Pretty good. Friendly and quick.
Making the drive to the beach and Yelping for something other than large chains. Enjoyed it. Wife had a veggie omelet and grits, both of which passed muster. My kids had pancakes and French toast. I had turkey bacon (very good) and eggs with home fries. My lone food complaint: my home fries were cold.
Our waitress was outstanding. Friendly and helpful. Kid friendly too. Nice job Suzanne.