All reviews hanes mall red lobster front desk room was clean yogurt an overnight stay great rate outdoor pool easy access shopping and restaurants i highly recommend this hotel off the highway definitely stay here again two nights air conditioner common areas village tavern
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The staff was great unfortunately the hotel needs a little TLC in some of the rooms. The hotel carpet and air conditioner, and toilets are a little dated. In my first room the floor was completely wet along with my suitcases because the air conditioner was leaking. Along with the air conditioner being on and the smell from the carpet it was not good. The toilet pressure was awful as well and the Plummer attempted to fix it but it never was enough pressure to actually get a good flush. I was eventually moved but by now I was over it until the Smoke alarm went off around 3am. We all were safe and there was no real smoke but standing outside for a long time with no one ever saying exactly what happened. I will be back in one year and will not stay at this facility again. It was just too much going on that was not right since I was there about a week.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. Unfortunately, things sometimes happen beyond our control, but we do try our best to turn what may be a negative situation into a more pleasant one. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, and we have fixed the water pressure problem in that room. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future, and we still want to offer you points towards a future stay at any Marriott property.
eCommerce Marketing Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The Fairfield Inn is a 5 story hotel in excellent condition. I found it to be decidedly more upscale than other hotels in the Fairfield brand. Rooms have a modern decor, updated with ample electric outlets, refrigerator, microwave, digital climate controls for the unit which draws air from the outside. Windows open for fresh air. Front desk staff was efficient and accommodating. Free parking. Hanes Mall is 1 block. The only downside is the hotel is near a main highway and there is some traffic noise in the rooms which face the roadway.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
E C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you mountainoutin for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences at our hotel in Winston-Salem! We loved to hear that our hotel felt more upscale than other Fairfield Inns you have stayed at , and that you appreciated all our room amenities and helpful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you visit our area. Safe travels!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Its a Marriott Fairfield... so you know what to expect. That said, some are better than others and this one is better than most!
Its easy to access, clean and with a lovely staff. Folks are super friendly and helpful. Southern hospitality. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor... I don't want to hear someone walking above me. Not sure that would happen here, but I ask anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Rebecca R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our easy access, clean hotel and lovely staff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in hotel for one night on 10/7. We were about to go to sleep and noticed a large insect on the bed. It scurried away deeper in to the bed and my girlfriend freaked out! Lol. We asked the hotel if they could change our room because she was uncomfortable but were told that they were booked for the night, so all they could do was bring us new sheets.

The receptionist brought us new sheets but left them for us to remake the bed on our own. When we asked if the hotel usually makes the bed for their guests, she told us that she could not be away from the front desk that long, and so we had to remake the bed ourselves. This happened around midnight so maybe it was just a problem with the night shift, but the customer service was not up to par with what we expected from a hotel. I understand being busy and fully booked, but something more can usually be done. I wrote to Marriott's customer care center about the issue nearly 2 weeks ago, but I have not received a response back from the hotel. I would not recommend staying at this property based on our experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle H
Rebecca R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you Kyle for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences from your recent stay. We deeply apologize for your experience, and will investigate to understand where the communication between Marriott and our hotel broke down. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to call our hotel and speak to Victor our General Manager so that we can ensure your satisfaction with our response to your concerns.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This is a very hotel for the money. Conveniently located for shopping and lots of restaurants very close by. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and warm. Extremely impressed with their staff.!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
E C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you Laura for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences from your recent stay! We loved to hear that you enjoyed our great location and value. We are happy that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. Safe travels!