“Good Food/Dirty Dining Room”
Review of Senor Bravo's

Senor Bravo's
Ranked #154 of 709 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Senor Bravo's is located in an old building on South Marshall. We try to eat at a different restaurant every weekend so we tried out Senor Bravo with another couple. We loved the food and the service was good, but the sun shining in the dining room at dinner time in the late winter is blinding and when we pulled the curtains to shield our eyes, we were covered in dust. Yuck. The building is old and there must be layers and layers of ugly paint on every surface, but the restaurant could use a good cleaning and redecorating job. We will not go back because there are many other nicer restaurants to visit in the area.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Big menu. All the normal food is here PLUS some inspired vegetarian dishes. True that you can order a la carte/side items in most mexican places that combine to make a vegetarian meal, but Sal has eleven vegetarian meals sitting front and center on his menu. I had # 11 and loved it. The stuffed poblano with rice, avocado salad and sauteed veggies (broccoli and cauliflower!) was all really good. My husband went with his stand by meal: juevos rancheros (eggs/beans/rice) and enjoyed his dinner as well. Plenty of chips and salsa to munch on while we waited, which wasn't long. We were in a hurry so we did not try dessert.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I ordered takeout here and get a chicken dish. The chicken had a nice marinade to it and the portion/price was reasonable. They were a little stingy on the guacamole.

The restaurant was mostly empty (6 pm on a Monday), but it looked like a decent place to sit down. The plastic knife they gave me was useless and service was a little slow up front.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

A visit to the new establishment on N. Trade Street was not a good experience. Mid-day walk in had two customers seated inside and two customers seated outside. Opted for a non meat dish and selected refried bean/black bean combo of soft shell taco "4". The chips were warm, salsa was fresh and not too spicy. Drink special of magarita was well made. Sanitation rating is 95 however the preparer did not wear gloves and touched each condiment from warming the tacos to lettuce, cheese, etc.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I went to Senor Bravo's that's actually on Trade St. Not Marshall. It was so good I had the California burrito. I would have taken a pic but the smell hit me and I ate so Good. I highly recommend for lunch.

Been to Senor Bravo's? Share your experiences!