“Excellent place to stay ”

Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We loved this place brand new and the room looks like a studio . Kitchen is very nice I love the cabinets it has a stove to cook on and they supply everything . The beds were very comfortable . The bathroom was very nice and it was spotless. They service free breakfast and everything is good. You won't be sorry staying here . The staff were very courteous

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn F
Kowee T, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Lynn F,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. You are to kind. Happy Holidays and thank again for staying with us.

Kowee Truesdale Sr.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Such a nice surprise to Hanes Mall area- a new hotel!! Great rooms that are clean and modern and an excellent staff.

Workout area was well equipped and easy to get my workouts in on the road.

Opened this summer so it doesn't get much better than this.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Kowee T, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thanks orreo5859,
Should I start the chant or you Residence Inn... Residence Inn... Residence Inn. Thanks for letting us be your hotel of choice. Our fitness center also features a Yoga area. At Residence Inn we also feature a Residence Inn stretch class every morning at 9:15am that last about 10 minutes in our lobby. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for Wake Forest Parents' Weekend. The hotel definitely exceeded our expectations. Being a brand new hotel, everything was very clean and decorated very nicely. The bathroom was spacious and super stylish, with clean lines and a contemporary feel. The living area, separate from the sleeping area, was comfortable and though not huge, a very nice space to relax and watch some tv. Netflix was available on the TV, which was a nice feature. Kitchen area looked nice though we didn't use it. There were bowls of oranges and apples out in the reception area. The oranges were delicious and nice to have in the late evening. The one odd thing was the entrance to the hotel. Though it doesn't affect the quality of the stay, I thought it was peculiar that there is nothing on the exterior that signals the main entrance to the hotel. The main door is almost like a grocery store door--a sliding automatic door, but it's on the side of a nondescript "box". We weren't at all sure where the entrance was when we first arrived. It's not a big deal, but when such care is given to decorating the interior, I would expect just a tad bit of thought would be given the the hotel entrance. Often hotels have grand entrances and then lack luster rooms. This is the opposite, which is fine-- just odd. I'm being critical. The hotel far exceeded expectations and the door is the only thing I think they could have improved upon. I will stay here again when visiting my daughter at Wake Forest. Great value and fabulous bath!!! (And I'm very picky about bathrooms.)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen R

Hello Kristen R,
Exceeding your expectations was a part of the plan. I am joking but I am so serious. Picture a hotel that has everything you want and more like great service, great amenities, great people, great décor, and very stylish. Now smile because you found us. No worries I am smiling too. I'm super excited we were able to show you why we are the best in Winston-Salem.
Thanks
Kōwee Truesdale

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I had never stayed at a Residence Inn before and was greatly surprised with this awesome room. It truly had everything I could ever ask for. Full size fridge, stove top, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, kitchen sink, dishwasher and sitting bar. Then a full size couch, tv table, huge desk and massive TV. The mattress was super comfortable for my picky old body, too. The shower had great water pressure and as much hot water as I could want. The towels plush, Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, which smelled very good. I appreciated the dressing area also. Only two tiny pet peeves....the pillows seemed to be down and went flat when you laid on them....I just could not fold and fluff it enough to get them to stay plush. And, there was not a USB port anywhere!!! I accidentally left my adapter plug at work one night and was really worried since my phone was dying, that I would not have my wake up alarms going off. The breakfast was wonderful. Loved having the hot bacon, sausage, eggs and such as well as waffles and all of the other standard fair. They even have a little happy hour sort of thing in the afternoon. I was usually not back in time to enjoy it, but did see it one evening and it looked great. There is a full bar there. There is a lovely outdoor area with a fire pit, and gas grill, next to the pool. When I work in High Point I typically stay in Greensboro. It was not to bad to have the extra driving time in order to be in such a nice hotel.

Room Tip: I usually like closer to the elevator so the walk is not so far when you are exhausted.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Karen A

Hello Karen A,
Thank you for staying with us. I see that you had a longer drive but your stay was great. Hopefully we can get you to comeback and stay? I will make this promise....... Since we have The Mix on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays, we will make you a plate and have it waiting on you. Can't wait to see you again. Thanks for staying with us here at Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay at Residence Inn. Our suite was well appointed in terms of amenities and modern decor. The kitchenette had plenty of silverware, plates, and cups for guests staying for an extended period of time. The kitchen was stocked with liquid dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, coffee pods, paper towels, and a package of microwave popcorn.
The restroom was large and featured modern fixtures and a tasteful color palette. The restroom was stocked with Paul Mitchell toiletries. The suite also had a hair dryer, iron, and ironing board.
The complimentary breakfast buffet offered a wide assortment of food. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omelet station, regular or pumpkin spice waffles, multiple cereals, pastries, and yogurt. Not to mention, coffee, milk, and multiple types of juice. The breakfast was nicely done with real plates and silverware. No plastic cutlery.
There are several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel (Zaxby's, Wayback Burger, Fresh Melt). The area felt safe, and the hotel had plenty of lights in the parking lot.
We were very pleased and we would stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mrandmrsd99

Hello mrandmrsd99,
Thanks for taking the time to gives us feed back. We are so glad you found us on Trip Advisor as well. We love when you love us here at the Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall. See you all on your return visit!!!!