US$112
US$104
US$123
US$107
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
US$173
US$153
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

US$129
US$113
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsthe concierge loungegraze restaurantconvention centerself parkingcherry streetvalet servicein house restaurantheart of downtownwithin walking distancehotel staffwould stay here againbreakfast buffetnorth carolinafront desk staffbusiness tripwould highly recommend this hotelking room
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

The Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina generally has its annual Convention in Winston Salem. I always stay at the Marriott. The staff is helpful, the restaurant is good and the beds are comfortable. It is convenient to the Benton Convention Center.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is the perfect location in the the middle of town. As we visited on Thanksgiving, there were no restaurants or shops open. The hotel is somewhat dated, yet still very comfortable with the service expected from Marriott. All corners were very clean in the rooms and lobby. No complaints except for the extremely overpriced and below average quality of the Thanksgiving buffet. I suggest the cracker barrel 20 minutes away. Much better food and you'll save 30 bucks each person.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Our stay at this Marriott property was not necessarily bad, but there are definitely some things that they need to work out.

First, the good things. The staff actually seemed to be well trained and were very hospitable. I interacted with probably four or five different employees that were very nice and friendly. The breakfast was also quite good. Even though gold members are only entitled to a continental breakfast, the hot items were included for us. The staff there were great as well. The hotel was able to honor our early check-in request, which was great as well. Finally, even though the valet was quite hectic for the busy day, they were able to get us in and out relatively quickly and courteously.

Some things that raised eyebrows. Our room was on either the 16th or 17th floor, I can't quite remember (concierge floor). The windows were absolutely filthy. You could barely see out of them. And when you approached the window, where it met the ceiling was some painters tape and some other kind of tape that looked very bad. I have no idea why the tape was there, but it did not look good. The room and bathroom were adequately cleaned, but the room was in a state where you are not sure whether there is dirt or if it is just the old appointments. Fortunately, the hotel appears to be going through a renovation which should lend a nice, clean start. One last recommendation would be to make the concierge lounge self-serve 24 hours a day. I know that this is not a standard in the industry, but it would be nice to get some light snacks or beverages during the weekend/evening hours.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Bob F, Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences as it affords us a valuable opportunity to improve on our hotel operations. Please accept our sincere apology for the negative experiences you had at our property. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these were isolated issues.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me personally.

Bob Fant
Hotel Manger
bob.fant@twincityquarter.com

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Over two nights, we suffered the following issues:
1) Room temperature was uncontrollable. Thermostat stayed between 72-74 (too hot), despite setting it to 64 for over 24 hours (see pics attached). Maintenance was called and came - they said they "needed to check the chiller" and we never heard from them again. The temp never changed.

2) Bathroom tile grout had mildew, and the toilet top had a ring of black which was visible (see pics).

3) When elevator was way over-capacity, I tried unsuccessfully to find the second floor stairs to guest rooms. A staff member also could not find them. Eventually we found stairs hidden in a corridor. I climbed six flights of stairs to get to my room.

4) My Marriott-provided key jammed inside the municipal parking deck gate across the street. Two parking deck personnel spoke rudely and blamed me. Marriott reminded me that parking deck employees are not Marriott employees (which is true), and implied the issue was not their problem (which is poor).

5) Front entrance automatic revolving door was operating in manual mode, but without an obvious handle to push. So, you stand inside and wait for nothing to happen. A parking valet told me somebody previously jammed it and the hotel deactivated it.

For $150/nt, I definitely didn't need these kinds of headaches as a guest of this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Bob F, Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Marriott Winston-Salem and taking time out of your day to let us know about your experience.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the negative experiences you had at our property. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these were isolated issues.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. I hope you will consider Winston-Salem Marriott on your next visit to Winston-Salem so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Bob Fant
Hotel Manager
bob.fant@twincityquarter.com

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Great downtown location with easy walking access to the nearby pubs, restaurants and services. Staff was friendly and check in was painless. The room was average , standard bathroom, bed, desk. The wireless did work well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business