“Visiting family between FL and DE”

Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Very nice stay. The room was a little small, but it was jut my husband and myself. Everything was clean and all the ameniteis in the room worked fine. The bathroom was a little tight to get in and out of in the middle of the night. The cleanliness of the room was paramount and I had no issues in our room. There was a little rust on the bottom of the shower door, and I hate when people post those photos, because the rest of the room was very clean.
The staff was amazing. I needed help with some directions in the morning and the lady working the breakfast buffet was very helpful. Check in was fast and painless.
This is a pet friendly hotel, and we are not pet/service animal people, but we had NO issues. There was no animal or old smoke odor in our room.
There were some noise issues. We were on the 2nd floor at the rear of the hotel. But I could hear people above us walking around, and people in the hallway. Thankfully they weren't wild crazy partiers or anything, but if noise bothers you, bring an ipod, or keep your tv on. I would definately stay here again.
Breakfast was plentiful. Waffles, sausage and eggs, and biscuits and gravy. Also Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs! My pick! Along with the other yogurt, cereal, toast muffins, etc. Breakfast is at 6-9. I went down at 8:40 and there was still plenty of food, and the place didnt' look like it had been run over. There was a very busy staff member refilling and keeping everything clean.

Room Tip: Top floor might be quieter. We heard footsteps above us. But maybe it was a heavy footed family!?!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

For a short stay, no problems. Room was comfortable, just a little more compact than other hotels. Shower only in bathroom, but not really an issue for majority of visitors. Breakfast was typical, and rather bland, but everything was available that most would want.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We visited our college daughter for Family Weekend and stayed here 2 nights. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety, but it was the same both mornings. The only glitch was the pocket door to the bathroom was not easy to open and close. Also the internet was spotty on the morning we checked out. I mentioned it to the desk attendant and she said she would restart it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Choice Hotels, in general, tend to vary widely in their quality attributes even within the same brand. I can usually count on Sleep Inn to be one of the more consistent brands within the chain and often equate it to the Hampton Inn in the Hilton Brand or Fairfield Inn in the Marriott Brand. This particular hotel did not live up to that level of standard though. It was clean, the staff were friendly, and the decor was acceptable. The primary reason for the average review was the state of the bathroom door. It was a sliding door that was completely off its hinge and had evidently been that way for some time as the entire door frame was coming apart. We were staying at this hotel to attend a family wedding and had 4 people in our room so having the bathroom privacy was important. The hotel was completely booked so there was no alternative room available with 2 double beds. I would have expected a maintenance problem of this magnitude to have been corrected before offering it. I used points for the room so I didn't make an issue of it, but I expected my room to be in better condition. I wouldn't be surprised to find this issue in an Economy Lodge or Motel 6, but its unacceptable at a Sleep Inn in my opinion.

On a positive note, the location is nice for access to highways and the mall. They also serve a hot breakfast that is nice for families on a budget. It's not gourmet, but it suffices.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

RUN, do not walk away from this hotel! Totally disgusting. Dirty! Paid for a King and got a tiny, smelly, double room. We have service animals. Myself and my husband as we are disabled Veterans. When I told them we had service animals and showed their registration they changed our booking to a smelly, dirty, disgusting room. They violated the Federal Law on Americans with disability act and the room actually made me sick physically.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business