All reviews hanes mall room was clean restaurants and shopping excellent hotel great place to stay complimentary breakfast up to date fitness center breakfast area waffles easy access would stay again convenient location front desk staff old salem inns highway
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

There's nothing remarkable about this location - which is exactly what I've come to count on from Hampton Inn. The room was well maintained, check-in was efficient. Breakfast in the morning was well attended to, and the food fresh. There are plenty of places in the immediate area for last minute items, and access to/from I-40 was easy. If in the area again, I'd definitely stay here.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Thank you for your review of our Award-Winning Hampton Inn at Hanes Mall/I-40. It is our goal to constantly improve and strive to provide the exemplary service and hospitality that we are known for. We hope that should your travels bring you back through this area we will have the pleasure of being your hosts again.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

As a Hilton Honors member I have stayed in numerous Hampton Inns largely because they offer good value and consistent amenities and so on. With this in mind we selected this property for a brief stay in Winston Salem. As usual we selected the "Non smoking King Study with sofa bed" though we prefer the Jacuzzi it was not available. These are usually oversized rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, large desks with comfortable chairs etc. What we got was a regular sized room in which they had crammed a couch bed, a unit with a microwave and refrigerator so close to the bed that you had to sit on the bed to control the microwave. The coffee maker was finally found in the bathroom under the counter. It was obvious that this had been a regular room that was redone to meet the minimum standards of a study and should not have been listed as such without explanation. Other than that the property seemed a little old and outdated though clean and as far as we could tell had a friendly conscientious staff.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side of the I-40.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Thank you for your feedback of our Award-Winning Hampton Inn Winston-Salem I-40/Hanes Mall. We appreciate your comments, and will use them to improve for our guests! We hope you will be our guest again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2015

This hotel is a world away from the room-only original Inns. This is definitely upscale at a modest price. Rooms, breakfast, staff, all first class. We were in area for wedding, and hotel was recommended by groom. I did not have time to take advantage of all amenities, but I am sure they are of the same high quality. Also, location was perfect for our needs. Definite A+.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jacqueline B

At our Award-Winning Hampton Inn Winston-Salem I-40/Hanes Mall we pride ourselves on giving guests an outstanding stay, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our location and amenities. We hope you will be our guest again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

The Hampton Winston-Salem Hanes Mall provides good value and a very convenient location if you are traveling through the area on I-40. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. Our room and the bathroom were both clean and neat. The Hampton breakfast is a nice perk - very basic, not special, great if you are in a hurry to get going in the morning, and inexplicably better than the breakfast we've had at many Hiltons.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank ajm001

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I have run in a race in Winston-Salem three years in a row and have always stayed at this hotel. It is in a good location, very safe and minutes to the I-40 entrance/exit. It is also near a mall and a good selection of restaurants on Stratford Road.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Robert P

Thank you for your review of our Award-Winning Hampton Inn Winston-Salem I-40/Hanes Mall. We hope you can enjoy a stay with us again soon!