All reviewsoutback steakhousehanes mallboiled eggsroom was cleanfront deskyogurtwaffle stationwaffle makerother hotelsnice hotelnice breakfastthe breakfast areashower headfree breakfaststayed one nighteach morningold salem
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We stayed here before and had good experiences. This time we booked a jacuzzi suite for a quick anniversary getaway. When we arrived, we were told they had overbooked the whirlpool suites and they were sorry but we would not be receiving one. They would however give us a discount and put us in another suite.

The room we received was not a suite but by the time we figured that out we did not want to spend precious time on our weekend moving to another room.

The front desk staff said they were very sorry AGAIN and would give us a a free night when we stayed again, and we that we should call the manager to arrange this--we were given this person's card with her number. She was in Sunday morning as we were leaving and we would have liked to talk to her then but no one suggested this at checkout.

Personally I believe that when service has been this poor it is up to the property manager to contact the customer instead of putting the burden on the guest.

We managed to have a nice anniversary weekend anyway but we were very disappointed with a property we have enjoyed previously.

Just FYI, I don't have other reviews because my husband usually posts for us both.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cece A
comfortsuitesws, General Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

I am unaware of your situation and with the name limitations on Trip Advisor I am not able to match your name with our system. Can you please call the hotel to discuss further as I would like to get additional information so I can address the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I made an online reservation to stay at the hotel a month in advance and at that time, I called the hotel directly to request/reserve an infant crib. I checked in on 9/26 with my baby and the man at the front desk told me that although he could see a note on my reservation that I had requested the crib way in advance, they gave the crib to another person that checked in before me b/c they do it on a "first come first serve" basis. I told him that the lady I spoke to when asking to reserve the crib did not tell me that I would probably not get the crib. She told me they would put the crib in my room, no problem. It was only upon check in that I was told that they only have 1 crib (which is ridiculous for a hotel of this size) and that they gave it to someone else despite my request. As a result, I had to go to buy a co-sleeper from Babies R Us for $59 for the 1 night in that hotel. The man at the front desk was not sympathetic to me at all. That was quite a blow considering I had just driven 7 hours. That was my first time at that hotel and needless to say I won't be back. That realy left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ShereeC353
comfortsuitesws, General Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

I do apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. Most hotels only have a limited number of cribs/pack and plays as they are rarely requested and are not a requirement to provide. We do our best to honor requests regarding additional items, room preference location, early check in and or late check out, but we cannot guarantee that they will be met. I am sorry that we failed to explain the circumstances better to you when you called.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

It was hard to find because the sign next to the road is so small. The road is very busy all day. Breakfast was good but the eating area could be larger. The staff didn't help us find a dinner place. The pool is shared with micro tell but is a nice size.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

We are located off Hanes Mall Blvd. which is a main road, thus a lot of traffic. Noise however is not an issue as our hotel is well designed. Our pool is shared with Microtel Inn and is open seasonally. I am surprised to hear we didn't help you find a place to eat. There are over 50 restaurants within 1 mile of the hotel. The front desk keeps a binder with menus and sometimes has discount cards provided by the local restaurants to give out to our guests.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Stayed here as a half way point on our way to the beach. Check in was quick and easy. But we arrived around midnight so it should be painless and it was. Room was mostly clean. Bathroom was ok but the chain inside the toilet broke and ran for awhile before we realized it. We fixed it no problem. Breakfast was pretty good. Usual continental breakfast. Room was clean and actually spacious. Found a special rate online. Definitely budget friendly and it was a nice find. Would stay again if necessary. The location was very good. Easy on/off highway. Very quick.

1  Thank Derry Q
comfortsuitesws, General Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

We are glad you were able to stop and spend the night on your way to the beach. We hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you on your return visit home.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Looking for a room near I-40, this was a find in an area with many other options. Hotel staff at check in were prompt and friendly, even with several people checking in at once. Rooms were very nice - beds were very comfortable! Pool is outdoors - which is fine in Summer - pool towels were available at lobby which was handy. Small workout facility, but was clean and had what I needed.

Breakfast was amazing! Hot breakfast with eggs/bacon as well as waffles... truly options for everyone (including picky kids). Additionally, breakfast staff were prompt refilling anything that needed attention! Highly Recommend!
Note - ask for higher level facing "wooded" area (not parking lot) - quiet and great view.

Room Tip: ask for higher level facing "wooded" area (not parking lot) - quiet and great view. (5th floor is top floor)
1  Thank NC_Travels_with_kids
MicrotelWS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Thank you for your feedback. If you stay with us again we also have a pass for our guest to use the full service gym located across the street. There is no charge and they are open 24/7.