“Great food - great price. So good we went twice!”

Front Street Brewery
Ranked #15 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wilmington's Original Brewery specializing in made-from-scratch dishes at affordable prices, award-winning Craft Beer, and North Carolina Largest Whiskey Selection! A huge selection of food that ranges from sandwiches and soups to steaks, seafood, and Southern specialties such as Shrimp & Grits. FREE BREWERY TOURS at 3:15pm and 4:15pm Daily (the tour takes about 20-30 minutes) Free beer tasting as part of the tour! We serve a FULL menu until MIDNIGHT seven nights a week. Half Price Appetizers daily 4 to 6pm. PARK FREE 1'ST HOUR DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET IN THE MARKET STREET DECK.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for the brewery tour and dinner. The tour was interesting, but not really much of a tour – I was expecting to see more of the brewery than just the room off the restaurant. The first night we had a beer flight – amazing options!! My favorite was the Barrel-Aged Old Ruby Ale. We had the Jumbo Soft Pretzel for an appetizer and a bratwurst sandwich and fish and chips for entrees. Excellent. We weren’t expecting the extensive selection of whiskeys (a 6-page list!!), so had to go back again to try some. The second night we went for happy hour – half price appetizers! We had onion rings along with the special 1792 Bourbon flight and a Market Street Mule. For entrees, we had a Rueben with Loaded Potato Salad and the Steak. We finished with the Irish Gentleman whiskey flight. Will definitely be back next time we’re in the area.

Tom H, Owner at Front Street Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Karla,

Thank you so very much for leaving this awesome review. We are so glad you had such great visits both times. Please come back and see us next time you are in Wilmington.

Tom

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped by here for dinner on a Monday night. They were very busy but we were seated immediately. We read the reviews beforehand so we knew what we wanted to order. I ordered the Boss Hog with fries and my wife the Nacho Burger with hand cut chips. I thought my Boss Hog was awesome! The fries were cooked well and perfect. My wife's Nacho Burger and hand cut chips was very good also. We enjoyed our dinner here very much. The service was friendly, prompt and impeccable. We highly recommend this place and we would love to come back and try more items off their menu. This is a fun place.

Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review. While it sounds like you had a great visit, if there is ever anything we can do to earn that last star, please let a member of our management team know. We love hearing from our guests! It just helps us get better.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Great place, great location.
It is for sure a stop you should make if your in Wilmington. Its located in the historic district.

It offers pub food and good drinks. They have an incredible whisky slection.

Staff was very friendly.
I highly recommend the pulled chicken nachos.

I am writing this on Wednesday Sept 12th. Praying for you all in the path of hurricane Florence.

Be safe and God Bless!!

Thank you so much, Karen!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We loved the selection of brews and enjoyed our experience. Very friendly waitstaff. Highly recommended!

Thanks so much for coming in. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

While walking downtown we decided to try out this restaurant and we're glad we did. We hadn't read any prior reviews, so we didn't know what to expect. I really enjoyed reading about the history of the building and seeing all of the interesting details. My son and I ordered the shrimp and grits and my husband got a cheeseburger with fries. The food was really good and the portions were generous - I had enough left over for a second meal. This was definitely one of the highlights of our visit to Wilmington.

TJ, thank you so much for this stellar review! We truly appreciate you taking a chance on us and hearing from you. Please come join us next time you are in the Wilmington area.