“Consistently good”

Southern Thai Restaurant
Ranked #200 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This is our go-to neighborhood Thai place. We probably order take out from year monthly. We have never had a bad experience and I can recommend: crab rangoon, chicken or shrimp fried rice, pad thai, thai beef salad, and chicken satays. The kids love their peanut sauce and I think that what I refer to as their "house sauce" is extremely tasty.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Warm beer, nice waitress. Unfortunately, the Thai is not very good. Will not return. We tried it twice.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I've been to Southern Thai on numerous occasions. While it is uneven, today my takeout order was horrible. Not sure what happened to the pineapple fried rice..but it was awful.
The cashews were chewy, the pineapple tasted spoiled and the rice was a mushy tasteless mass. I mean, it's rice. That should be a super simple thing to pull off for a Thai restaurant.
The Queen rolls were rubbery, tasteless and awful.
I did call the restaurant to complain, but was told they couldn't do anything.
Last time they will get my money.

2  Thank AnitaLCPA
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This place has great Thai food. My favorite is the crispy duck noodle soup. The broth is rich and flavorful. Makes a great meal. The other menu items are just as good. It is reasonably priced.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

My buddy suggested that we eat at Southern Thai. He lived in Thailand for 6 years and he eats at this place weekly. The food was awesome and the service was fantastic. I ordered Larb Gai, which was flavorful and delicious! The ground chicken was juicy because of the spicy lime dressing. I also tried the shrimp fresh roll, which I loved! Everything was very light and flavorful. Will be going there again.