“Wonderful dining experience!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Love to dine at this quaint little restaurant whenever I’m in Wilmington! Great food and wonderful service and atmosphere! Streudel to die for!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With all the great seafood in the area, sometimes you want something different. The German Café is the perfect option. Parking is available in the Cotton Exchange lot – they’ll validate your parking. The actual menu has more than is shown on the website – all good German food. They had several beers on tap and many more bottled. For entrees we had Rouladen with red cabbage and a dumpling and Holsteiner Schnitzel with red cabbage and German potato salad. All excellent. The desserts – made in house by one of the owners – looked amazing, so we had the Napoleon and triple chocolate cake. And we brought home a strudel. And the server was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This place was awesome. I loved the decor. It was a very comfortable and relaxing environment. The service was the best! The waitress was very helpful. The food was outstanding. I was working so I couldn’t drink but the beer selection was great for those of us that like German beer.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I wanted to make this restaurant one of our stops for our trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. My husband is from Europe, and I thought he might find something that would remind him of home since they advertise having MId European, European, and German food. The lunch menu is very small, and it only had German food. I was very disappointed about that.

My schnitzel was wonderful. The only disappointment I had with my meal was the size of the small container of potato salad, since I love German potato salad. I'd say for the price, they should serve a portion size rather than a relish size container. My husband got a Reuben with red krout. He liked his very much and could hardly finish it. I had no trouble finishing mine!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant on accident at the Cotton Exchange. The food blew our expectations! The schnitzel, sausages, and Sauerkraut reminded us of our vacation to Germany! Furthermore, the staff was friendly. Will definitey come again when in Wilmington!