Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$131
  • Breakfast included
US$162
US$146
Hampton.com
Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$164
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$181
All reviewscarolina beachmonkey junctionindoor pooljacuzzi tubbest westernsstaff was friendlyhot breakfastyogurtbeds were comfortableupon checkwould stay here againgreat place to staynice roomvery nice hotelconvenient locationfree breakfastnice stay
Reviewed 3 March 2017

My wife and I went to this Best Western for a weekend getaway because of its close proximity to Carolina Beach and the fact that there are a lot of places to dine out and shop in the area.
Also we like the indoor pool and hot tub.
But after our experience the weekend of 02/25 we will no longer be staying at any Best Western location.
After checking out Monday morning we went home, and then during a routine check of my bank account Tuesday morning I was stunned to find out that this Best Western location had took an additional $378.57 out of my account in addition to the $278.57 we paid for the weekend. That is $657.14 for two nights.
Naturally my wife and I were upset.
After calling the hotel we were informed the reason for the additional $378.57 was a missing bedspread and a strip of ugly brown cloth they lay across the bed, are you kidding me?
To make a long story short, the money was restored to my account after two trips to the bank and numerous calls to this hotel informing these people that as Christians and decent people we do not steal.
Their response was pretty sorry as far as I’m concerned and there idea of making it right was to give me my own money back.
They will never have to worry about seeing me or my wife again and by the way, my last night there I was up half the night because of being bit by bedbugs all nights.
Right.. like I would take that nasty bedspread.
I'll pay cash from now on; this garbage won't happen to us again.
This whole experience was very stressful and uncalled for.
I have never posted a review before but I figured the public deserved fair warning about the way we were treated by Best Western for no good reason.

Room Tip: traffic noise was very loud ..
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deixron
BWPLUSWilmington, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

I am sorry you were so displeased with your recent stay. To clarify, you were never charged $657.14. Your charge was increased from $278.57 to $378.57, with the $100 incidental charge resulting from a missing blanket and scarf. After you called the hotel the following morning, that $100 incidental charge was refunded. As for the bed bugs, you made no mention of any such thing during your stay or at checkout ... only after you were charged for incidentals, and after your request for a free night's stay was declined.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I found roaches in my room on two separate occasions. Also dried urine around the base of the toilet - not good. Room smelled of mildew. Staff seemed to be used to someone reporting bugs as didn't apologize only wrote down room number. It is a shame because otherwise, this was a decent hotel in convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank curtish219
BWPLUSWilmington, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

I am sorry to hear you encountered insects in your room. We have pest control treat the hotel every other week, but sometimes, those things can happen regardless. I hope the apology and discount we offered you at checkout will give you reason to give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is a small Best Western and is located about 5 miles from Carolina Beach. Location is convenient to shopping, the beach (of course)and restaurants. The only tricky thing is the hotel is located on a "feeder" that runs parallel to Carolina Beach Rd so if you leave the hotel towards the beach, you turn right at the traffic signal but you CAN NOT turn left, have to use the feeder in the other direction!! The hotel staff was very nice and there was always someone at the desk looking fresh and friendly even at two in the morning. Room with one king bed was very small and only had a small lounge chair, no sofa. Was clean, neat, modern. Pool and hot tub were nice and clean, a terrace outside of pool was nice to get some sun. Breakfast is usually so so but at this location there was nice selection including fresh made pancakes, several kids of yogurt and fruit. The only BAD thing(always seems to be one, right) on my invoice was a daily charge for a SAFE???? Yes, there was a safe under the clothes rack but no one gave a combination or code or even said there was a charge until I got my bill. I sent an email to complain and get the charge removed and guess what?? No response. So I know we are talking just a few dollars but this seems right up there with what the rental car companies do. Disappointed for sure. But again, nice hotel if you are going to the beach or coming into town for college events.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Suzen G

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel, including the central location, clean rooms and heated pool. I am sorry you were put off by the safe charge, but that has since been refunded to your account. We hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Love the value of this hotel, we stay every year for our daughter's gymnastics meet. Good free breakfast. Free wi-fi and an indoor pool. IHOP next door and a lot of other options close by. Staff is very friendly.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
BWPLUSWilmington, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! It was a blast having so many people from your gymnastics group spend the weekend with us. It's nice to know everyone enjoyed the heated pool, hot breakfast and high-speed wifi. We truly appreciate the kind words and hope to see y'all back here again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The stay was nice until the morning of checkout and the management accused us of smoking in the room and accused us of causing a small hole in the wall in the far corner of the room that isn't even accessible unless furniture is moved out of the way and I can assure you that I wasn't staying there to move furniture and damage property. We stayed for a week and never had anyone complain to the front desk that they smelled cigarette smoke or that alot of commotion was going on in the room. I am very angry about these accusations as that is not the kind of people that we are. I will not be staying at this hotel again and I don't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you want to be accused of causing damage and want to be rudely spoken to!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gypsytrvlr79
BWPLUSWilmington, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

I am sorry your time with us did not work out better. Good luck with your future travels.