“Truly the Best Ice Cream I've Found!`”

Boombalatti’s Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 32 Dessert in Wilmington
Description: Located in The Forum shopping center
Description: Located in The Forum shopping center
Reviewed 1 December 2016

As a National Sales Trainer (in the hospitality space) for a global technology company I have gotten to travel quite a bit in the last 4 years and that includes trying many different restaurants from coast to coast. I have tasted my fair share of ice cream, custard, gelato, sorbet and other frozen treats but I can truthfully say that Boombalatti's is by far my favorite. The ingredients are fresh and the flavors are consistently delicious. I first discovered this little gem when I lived in Wilmington, from 2008 - 2011. I must say that in the years I lived there, I would regularly stop in for a tasty dessert, in spite of the fact that the former owner was not friendly or even made you feel welcome. After many years of working in the hospitality field, It almost made me sad to see a wonderful place, with so much potential being hindered by his lack of customer service. Fast forward to this past summer. My daughter and I visited Wilmington over the 4th of July weekend. No visit there would be complete without my visit to Boombalatti's but this time, things were different. There was a new look and feel and everyone seemed happy to be there and to help you pick just the right flavor. They were also offering samples! That was great to see as the former owner would not allow you to try any of the flavors so you had to pick something and hope you liked it. Luckily, everything I've ever had there has been delicious but it's still no fun to pick blindly. I was so excited to see all of the changes that have come about with the new owners. I would absolutely not only recommend this as one of the most delicious ice cream shops but you will also enjoy your visit! I definitely recommend a stop here when in Wilmington! I will always make time to stop there if I'm in town! You should too!

1  Thank Maddie P

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

The banana split was great! The ice cream was rich and creamy. We also tried the cold brewed coffee which almost looks like a draft beer when served. Worth a try!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I visited this location for the 2nd time recently and I do enjoy homemade ice-cream considering we live near the dairy farms in Delaware, the ice cream capital. These ice creams had great variety in flavors but, didn't blow me away with deliciousness. I had coffee, oreo, the kids had chocolate and other mixed varieties. It hit the spot as we were looking for something sweet but, they were OK. No soft serve either. I would go again, just get something simple. The sitting area smelled like bleach both times we went, like a freshly mopped floor...

WesBechtel, Owner at Boombalatti’s Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Hi Annie!
Thanks for visits and taking the time to leave a detail reviewed. My goal is definitely to blow you away with deliciousness so I'm sorry to have let you down! We'll also have to look into that smell. We want to keep the dining room clean but no one wants to smell bleach while they're eating ice cream. Hopefully the next time you come in things are even better!
Wes

Reviewed 19 September 2016

All homemade with local products. Portions are good. Great atmosphere. Be prepared to get in line and wait.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

If I'm getting ice cream, it's gotta be real ice cream. No crappy fake ice cream with chemicals and weird ingredients. This is the real deal and worth the splurge.

Now about the flavors. Salted Caramel Sundae w/ Peanuts, Mocha Oreo, Turtles in Cream, Cinnamon Caramel Oatmeal Cookie, Butterscotch Swirl and the list goes on. How to choose? Since I've never seen Cinnamon Caramel Oatmeal Cookie anywhere else, I went with that. YUM!

And since one stop here wasn't enough, we came back the night before leaving town for an encore. This time I chose the simple Coconut, which was also delicious. The staff was friendly and generous in their servings.