All reviews wrightsville beach indoor pool room was clean king suite convenient location waffle maker decent breakfast free breakfast would stay here again checking in front desk staff stayed one night nice stay hot breakfast lobby downtown housekeeping
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I'm so very disappointed to post this, but I used Marriott points to stay here and figured it would be OK. Wanted to be close to the beach and even invited my friends. The first night my friend and I both got random bug bites while we were getting ready for dinner. Slept fine (despite screaming kids in the next room), but when we were getting ready the next morning, I saw a bug crawling across the other bed. Captured it in a water bottle, gave it to management, checked out immediately. The hotel confirmed it was a bedbug but there really wasn't an 'infestation' in the room. They've been responsible and responsive dealing with my complaint, refunding my stay and getting their insurance adjuster to help me figure out how to replace things I can't stick in the dryer on high heat. But I had to take an extra vacation day to deal with this and it's caused major drama with the friends who also stayed in my room. It has been very stressful and is affecting my friendships and ruined my plans for Labor Day, as I was going to hang out with the same friends but everyone is pissed off that we're all shrinking our clothes, etc., to treat a bedbug exposure. ANYWHERE you stay, inspect the room carefully before putting any of your stuff away. This could happen to anyone, and although it could be worse, it's been a stressful headache and ruined my attempt at R&R during the weekend and when I was back at home the following week.

Room Tip: Inspect your room for bugs before bringing in your stuff.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Sam E,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We apologize for any discomfort that resulted from this rare occurrence. The minute we were informed, we took immediate action to eliminate the problem. Like other quality hotels, we take every step possible to prevent bed bug occurrences. Unfortunately they are occasionally introduced by a previous guest before we are able to catch and eliminate the issue, and when this happens we have a solid program to immediately intervein so no other guests are impacted. We take great pride in offering our guests a clean, secure, and hassle free environment to rest while traveling.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean. The customer service was the best ever. Everybody is friendly and very helpful. The location of the hotel is great as well. It is less than 10 mins away from the beach. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was Ok. If they add a couple of other items, it will be great. I am definitely coming back when i am on town.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Minahanna112,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We love taking care of our guests and I am so very glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and thank you for acknowledging the service levels that we offer! Thank you again and we look forward to serving you during your next visit!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Convenient to downtown and beach. Front desk experience was less than friendly but the rest of staff were friendly and helpful, Morning breakfast buffet was well done and dining area is very pleasant. Rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and separate sitting areas. A nice place to stay in Wilmington.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

I3279IYjosephb,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback but I do regret that your found your experience with our Front Desk team to be anything other than exceptional and friendly. We take our commitment to serve very seriously and I can assure you that I will be addressing this with our team to ensure that no other guest walks away feeling anything less than welcome! Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Good customer service as is expected from this chain. Breakfast was decent, better than some in this class of hotels. Bed was comfortable, sheets and towels were clean, room appeared well taken care of. Pretty much what you expect from a Fairfield.

Here's what may bother some folks. The thermostats have motion sensors so if you leave the room for a while, the AC moves back to high 70's. Save the planet, i get it. However, it might bother some folks and I was not told until I asked about it shortly after checking in because I thought there was something wrong with the AC. Front desk tried to override it but couldn't. It only took a few minutes to cool back down. Didn't really bother me. I was skeptical when the front desk told me the sensor would still pick up movement when I was sleeping so the temp should not adjust, but he was right, no problem there.

Then there was the huge roach i saw crawling up the wall one night. Only saw the one and not to worry, I evicted him swiftly. The room appeared super clean as well as the rest of the hotel. But that roach is the main reason for the 3 star review instead of 4 or 5.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Krista N,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your kind words and I can assure you that this is not typical at our property as we take many proactive steps to ensure that we do not have any unwanted guests at our hotel! Unfortunately, it appears that one slipped past our efforts and I regret that you had that experience! Again, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and we hope that you will come back and give us the opportunity to show you that this was the exception and not the rule!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

My family and I stayed at this hotel last year and highly recommend it to others. The only con to the visit are the beds. They aren't the most comfortable, but when you are exhausted from spending time at the beach you barely notice :) The hot breakfast was okay, but my meat eaters were disappointed that no meat was available. All in all we would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Shana R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but I do regret that our beds were not to your liking. We receive plenty of rave reviews about them but do understand that it is all about personal preference! Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we hope that you will come visit us again on your next trip to Wilmington!