“Vacation / Business”

Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Vacation / Business”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I thought the pricing for the hotel was high for what they offer. Rooms are ok but no in room fridg. or microwave. Charging for parking at your hotel is odd to me but they do it.
You can walk to many of the shops both antique and crafts that are close by. You can walk the boardwalk and have lunch or dinner outside but the bugs do visit you there so inside might be a better choice.

Room Tip: The river view room like we have does not offer much action on the river. You can see the battleship...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your recent stay. I love the pictures you posted.

Being in a small town we are often questioned on parking fees. With the 10 square blocks of downtown, parking is at a premium. You can not park anywhere downtown with out a charge. In order to protect our spots for our guests, we too need to charge.

I hope you able to take advantage of our incredible location and enjoy ed the convenience of being able to walk to all the amenities downtown has to offer.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I checked late and I also didn't have a reservation. I met Aubrey at the front desk who took care of my every need and was able to answer all my questions. My room was nice, quiet and the chair was amazingly comfortable! The wifi access was free and the signal strenght was good as well.

1 Thank MooreMusick
Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad we could accommodate you and Aubrey took great care of you. It is always our goal to provide the guest with an exceptional experience and when we do we appreciate you letting us know.

We hope you come to visit again soon!
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in Wilmington, room 712, this past week and I can't say anything bad about it. The first night I stayed, I encountered a glitch in my booking as soon as I checked in. Thankfully, Erica Murrill at the front desk was there. She was so understanding and helped me until the issue was resolved. It was really nerve wracking for me and Erica was like, no pressure. I can't say enough about how much that meant to me! There was also the little things that I thought were great, like the in room coffee. I'm a coffee drinker day or night and I didn't have to leave my room, it was always there and the staff was always willing to give me more. I will definitely stay there again! Thank you Erica and Hilton Staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
What a great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and posted your feedback.
I will pass on your positive comments onto Erica.
We appreciate your business and hope you return to see us soon!
Greensboro
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference that was being held at this hotel. I had wonderful service. The bellmen were wonderful and very attentive. We especially loved Daniel. The front desk staff was very helpful, and did a good job responding to anything requested of them.
The room was clean as far as I could tell. No bad odors, and the bathroom was clean. The carpet in the hallway was very ugly...and apparently new. I really can't figure out what they were thinking when they had it installed. The carpet in the room was not as bad, but I really think they could have done better with it as well.

The conference seemed to go well, and I have no complaints there, but I was not the person who had to work with the hotel staff to get things arranged.

The one suggestion I would make (besides the replacing the carpeting) is that they should have made their recycle trash cans more accessible t guests. I saw a worker rolling a couple of recycle trash cans through the hotel on the last day of the conference, and remarked about that I did not know they recycled. He replied "We sure do". The trouble is there were no recycle trash cans available to guests, and we were drinking bottled sodas and water all week. :-( I did eventually find a recycle trash can in the business center.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay.

We are glad you enjoyed your conference.
I appreciate the suggestion for the recycle bins in the meeting space. We do have several rooms where the bins are permanently set, however we do have space that could use some mobile bins.

We hope you visit us again soon.
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Room 740, 3.20.12 Room smelled of perfume, sheets and pillows smelled of same, ironing board broken, hairs in tub and on floor. Lamp shade broken. On arrival (10 p.m. tuesday night), no valet, no bellman. Drove through broken gates to back of hotel and carried my own bags around parking lot and up ramp. Greeted by young woman at front desk who told me I would have to take a parking tag to my car in back, or else! They would clamp and tow it. Informed this young lady to find a bellman, or do it herself. This place needs a cleaning, a redo and staff retraining, or just take the Hilton Sign down and re-flag it, this place is no where near a real Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton, its cheaper and cleaner.
4 Thank matthewhudson1
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for your recent stay. I was surprised at the experience you had and I apologize for your room. We have an outstanding housekeeping department so I am disappointed to hear that the room was not up to our high standards.

I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate departments and I sincerely hope you will return to discover that this is not a typical stay for guests. Thank you again for your feedback.