“Wonderful, welcoming hotel”

Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The Hampton Inn was the USTA headquarters again for another league tournament. They welcomed the tennis players. The common area was great for breakfast and gatherings. We enjoyed happy hour on Thursday night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 November 2017

The mattress needed to be replaced. It had no support or firmness at all. My husband ended up sleeping on the floor part of the night. First time at a Hampton Inn when the mattress wasn't great. We might have slept 2 hours each.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melanie R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback and for your honest review of your experience staying with us. We do have a great hotel and we believe that our mattresses should be great as well. You will be happy to hear that we have recently purchased all new mattresses from Serta and have begun the replacement process on every bed in the building! This process will be complete within the next few months. We hope you will come see us again soon! Thanks again for staying with us, and please feel free to contact me directly at 910-399-9007 if you have any further questions or concerns, or to book your next stay.

Melanie

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I went to visit my daughter at the University. This hotel is located a few miles from campus. It is easy to travel to, and is in a great location. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay here again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The staff was great. They recommended places to eat within walking distance and gave us a discount card as well. We left something in the room and came back 20mins later they let us go in and get it without any problem.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Flying in from Kansas and driving from Jacksonville I was tired. I was happy to see my room was ready and that I was able to check in with the HH app. My room was great and spacious and clean. I was able to rest up and then head to my cousins wedding. I had an extremely early flight the next day. I was not able to get the regular breakfast...they had a bag breakfast ready to go for me...I was truly grateful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travellers also viewed these Wilmington hotels
7.3 km away
4.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
3.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center

Been to Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station

Address: 124 Old Eastwood Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403-1861
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Wilmington
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool
#3 Family Hotel in Wilmington
#4 Business Hotel in Wilmington
#4 Romantic Hotel in Wilmington
Price Range: €76 - €150 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station Hotel Wilmington