“Wonderful meal and great service ”
Review of Boca Bay

Boca Bay
Ranked #31 of 768 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We were in Wilmington on a Saturday night and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice meal. We live in Raleigh but had remembered eating there about a year ago and had enjoyed our dinner and wanted to try it again. We didn’t have a reservation but lucky for us there was one empty table. We started out with drinks, my husband had an old fashioned and I had a mojito. Both were good but a bit pricey. The dinner choices were varied and there were several that I found appealing. My husband decided on the flounder almondine, which featured fresh local fish. I finally made up my mind (after several minutes of debating with myself) and had the lobster risotto which was wonderful. There was chunks of lobster meat in the risotto as well as a small lobster tail. Everything was really delicious and our server was very attentive. Some people at a nearby table ordered chocolate cake for dessert and it was a huge easily shareable portion. I wish we lived closer so we could come to Boca Bay more often. It seems like so many restaurants have comparable prices and mediocre food so this is a real gem. If you live in Wilmington you’re lucky!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

This is a nice place. Great atmosphere and nice people. A little pricey and mainly for people who like seafood. My husband does not and not a great selection for him to choose from.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Very good seafood. Inside decor is attractive - very coastal. However, parking is limited and it can be noisy inside.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

There were 10 in our party on New Years Eve and they made everything perfect. The wait staff never missed a beat and the food... We had many appetizers on the table and everything from filet to pasta to seafood for dinner and everyone had a great meal. Then the desserts. again, perfect! Highly recommended place.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have eaten brunch here several times on Sundays. We decided to eat dinner on a Friday evening. The atmosphere was great. The bar tender made excellent drinks and the food was fantastic. We will be back to enjoy again soon.