Children's Museum of Wilmington
Open today: 13:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fun Place

My toddlers love this place. Yes it’s not going to be as fabulous as a larger city Kids Museum I am... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
Stephanie W
via mobile
Not as fun as I thought it would be.

We had 4 of our grandchildren visit and we took them to the Children's Museum. Within15-20 minutes... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
Leila A
Wilmington, North Carolina

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Wilmington
from US$80.00
from US$55.00
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews school bus grocery store art room outdoor area great place for kids rainy day arts and crafts young ones green screen dentist office money well spent staff was very friendly spent almost all ages two hours exhibits nasa
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

First let me start off by saying that the staff here is super helpful!

Now this is smaller than the Edventure Children's museum in Columbia, SC but there was plenty to keep my little one occupied. The basic flow of the museum is broken up by three different levels. Which is nice because often times we were in a section by ourselves or with one other family.

The kitchen/dinner area was very realistic as was the grocery store. Don't miss out on either of these spots since they are upstairs. And you won't want to miss out on the Lego Duplo train area either. (Lots of fun for your younger little boys!) Which is completely different from the train tables on the first floor. And make sure you don't forget about the air chair on the second level. Your kids (and possibly you) will enjoy it for sure!

Younger toddlers have their own play area on the first floor near the Bear hospital and the Dino dentist area. This area is tucked away and fairly quiet. Really designed for kids 4 and under but kids with sensory would enjoy it as well.

Family bathrooms on each level we visited and there is a nursing area with a small play area for bigger siblings. Changing table is also available.

Only down side is the parking. We parked along the street and used the convent pay by phone app that seems to be all the rage in this area.

This is definitely somewhere we will visit again if we make it to this area.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

My daughter-in-law and I took all five our my grandchildren to the museum recently. This was my second visit and this visit was great. This time I found the museum cleaner, better attention by staff, more equipment in each area. They are ages 4 through 7, and had a wonderful time all over the museum. Particularly fun for them, was the school bus, the dental office, bear hospital, the restaurant and magnetic wall. Everything is hands on and provides opportunity for them to be creative and have fun on their own. I do think that there needs to be regular upkeep and replacement of play equipment, ie: in the bear hospital, dental office, and the outfits in the space station. I do agree with a previous reviewer who stated they need better staff presence in the various areas during the day. There is a nice courtyard, where the bus is, with beds of plants, a climbing rope, net, plastic bowling pins and ball. I used two Groupon offers for our tickets and saved alot of money, so check that out before you go. Great way to entertain active children, on a windy, cooler day when we couldn't go to the pool.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

This pace is great for kids 6 and under. They have a spcae station, which is pretty cool. There is a scientist corner, play dental office, a room for the very little ones, and many other learning activites. My kids are now 5 and 6. They still like it but are starting to outgrow it.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

What a great museum! The kids and adults stayed busy! Very hands on! They also have a pretend grocery store with checkout and a bistro with 'full' kitchen. We enjoyed seeing the grandchildren as chefs complete with high chef hats. They also made for excellent wait staff! Both of these are excellent for role playing.

You can visit the museum, leave for lunch and return that afternoon, re-entry is included in the ticket price for that day. Great restaurants and the riverfront are within easy walking distance. Would highly recommend for pre-schoolers through middle schoolers! My wife and I got in free for our first visit using Groupon. Look to the next visit with the grandchildren!

Reviewed 8 October 2016

We got a groupon, so the we enjoyed the value of that. The museum is pretty big and has a bunch of stuff for kids of all ages. I, personally, think that there should be museum staff throughout the building - we encountered a parent of four that spent 45 minutes on her phone while her kids destroyed the grocery section, the puppet station and broke one of the pieces; that negligence, unfortunately, impacted our kids' ability to enjoy the place to its full extent.